Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#237702 - 25/05/04 08:06 PM Not an X but a Z...
SSRXterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx, 78248
Well it's been a year and a half since I let go of the X. Yes I miss it, but I have grown to love it's replacement. Today I made my first mod to my year and a half old Z, and it cost me nearly as much as a suspension lift, tires, rims, and locker would for the X. The price of moding a car is rediculous, and this will most like be the extent of my mod's other than a bumpin stereo.
Anyway I frequent XOC still damn near 2 a day just out of the love I still have for my X, and thought you all might like to see what i have done with the Z. Let me know what ya think!

Side View

Front Lip

Back Lip

Offset

Side

And Finally the rear

#237703 - 25/05/04 08:12 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
Anonymous
Unregistered

drool.. drool.. [Too much XOC] , you luckey bastard!!! But congrats on the Z I've always wanted one since my 1991 Se-R and my 1997 240sx-se.

#237704 - 25/05/04 08:30 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Damn....looks good.

#237705 - 25/05/04 09:53 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
Sweet!

#237706 - 25/05/04 10:24 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Ghetto pimp wheels on a sports car ?
Shame on you. [ThumbsDown]

#237707 - 25/05/04 10:31 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
All you need now is that little crown air freshener.

#237708 - 25/05/04 10:57 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
SSRXterra Offline

Ghetto pimp wheels? I expected this from you, but its all good.

I think they compliment the vehicle very well, and I guess thats all that matters. Then again I felt the fiberglass fenders from SLR made my X look alot better as well.

Anyway they are functional and are lighter than the stock 17" wheel and tire combo. Not bad for a set of 19's with 245/35 fronts and 275/35 rears.

I already have the little crown air freshner and I love it! Im trying to find a Ice-T bobble head doll to finish it all up!

#237709 - 25/05/04 11:30 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Nice ride, but I have to be honest and say I don't care for the chrome wheels either. They are a nice style, but would look better in Graphite or even just a regular alloy finish, IMO. The Chrome would look OK probably with Black or Blue or something, but not with Silver. But, it's not mine and it's still a sweet car! [ThumbsUp]

#237710 - 25/05/04 11:55 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by SSRXterra:
Ghetto pimp wheels? I expected this from you, but its all good.
If I see them on a Cadillac Escalade, then they have no place being on a sports car. Ugly wheel.

#237711 - 26/05/04 12:31 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
SSRXterra Offline

Ian,
Never seen a mesh wheel on a escalade, guess things are different down here in Texas. All I see down here on escalades are spinners, and lego block looking wheels. Didnt realize these belonged on them as well. I take it it's not the wheel as a whole you dont like, but simply the finish? Mesh wheels are meant to be on sports cars IMO. Maybe not chrome but the mesh, yes.

ChuckH,
I looked at them in the silver finish but it just wasnt for me. The silver looked to plain on the Z, and I figure it was because they were basically the same color as the car.

#237712 - 26/05/04 02:10 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
XOC Offline
Admin

Wheels for sports cars should have 7 spokes or less (unless it's an OZ or BBS Rally style), 5 preferred.
Wheels for sports cars also have the lug nuts showing, not [Rainbow] covers over them.
Wheels for sports cars should not be chrome.

Those are 100% bling and look awful.

#237713 - 26/05/04 05:41 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
xterra2k Offline

Loc: Cin city, Oh.
Lose the cheap looking dealer sticker and plate.

#237714 - 26/05/04 06:33 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Wheels for sports cars should not be chrome.

[Finger]

wink

#237715 - 26/05/04 07:12 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I like those wheels but I've never been a fan of chrome. I like graphite colored wheels you see on some sports cars now a days. Looks good though, sweet car! As long as you like it, you own it! There's more than one opinion in the world except on XOC.

#237716 - 26/05/04 07:58 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Glad you have a new toy, and a nice one at that, but that's an insane amount of $ to spend on something that I can't see providing you any real benefits. I'm guessing those wheels cost you a good $400 or more a pop and the chrome was an extra $150+ more than the same size in silver. And they're functional how? You going to put that extra tire and (supposedly) less unsprung weight to use on a track? Are you going to upgrade the brakes now that you have more room to clear larger rotors?

I just can't fathom dumping that kind of money into something just for appearances. That is rice to the core.

Your X was slick. Enjoy your Z,
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#237717 - 26/05/04 10:23 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
SSRXterra Offline

xterra2k,
Damn I never really noticed that plate before, and yes it is a bit tacky. Where are you seeing a dealer sticker? If you are referring to the sticker above the license plate that is my "Texas Tech" sticker.

Ian,
"Wheels for sports cars should have 7 spokes or less (unless it's an OZ or BBS Rally style), 5 preferred." This is your opinion as many im sure feel the same as you. But im also sure many feel that it will never be anything more than an opinion. I cant afford the BBS, nor any of the Oz wheels that I liked so they were out of the question just as the Volk, and Racing Hart were.

"Wheels for sports cars also have the lug nuts showing, not covers over them." So if I take the covers off and put the other set of covers on that came with them will it look better? I think not but this is only my opinion.

"Wheels for sports cars should not be chrome." This is simply personal preferance.

"Those are 100% bling and look awful." This you have stated 3 times but thanks for sharing again [Finger]

Brent,
When I say functional I simply mean that I gained over stock instead of loosing. And no I dont plan on racing at the track. This is my DD, and will be for awhile so I dont want any problems occuring. The brakes work well enough for my needs so there will be no upgrade now, but later maybe the front stoptech's and or willwoods. For now im simply going to paint the calipurs red with some G2 paint.

#237718 - 26/05/04 01:09 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Kevin, thanks for sharing! You know it's a sweet ride and you are modding it as you desire... don't sweat the .02 from others.

Maybe we will run into each other next Holiday when you are home and I am visiting the kids in SA

Blue Skies!!!!!

#237719 - 26/05/04 05:46 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
nice looking Z. Still thinking about leasing a roadster smile

As for the wheels, as long as you keep the unsprung weight the same or less, whatver floats your boat! I personally am not a fan of the chrome with the silver, but I think that's more because I don't really care for Silver smile

None of it matters as long as you enjoy the ride (even if dogs like trucks, sportscars are still fun!)

#237720 - 26/05/04 07:49 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
Anonymous
Unregistered

And they're functional how?

There are lots of functional reasons to upgrade to nicer wheels and tires.
1. Better handling, to avoid dummies on the way to work.
2. Better braking with more control.
3. Slightly better gas millage over the long hall due to less wheel drag on the road.
4. Easier to pick it out in the parking lot. Doesn't look like all the rest.

Nice Z!

#237721 - 26/05/04 08:05 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 to 7 spokes on a sports car?
um....

huh??? Weird

Weird

Heres a Nissan

Well theres a Z with 10 spoke

OK one last Z

#237722 - 26/05/04 10:44 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Nissmo:
5 to 7 spokes on a sports car?
You posted pictures of race cars, not sports cars. They also fall under my comment of rally style mesh wheels.

Those last two street cars look horrible although the silver one isn't bad because it's 5 spokes that are simply split.

When you get up to eight, and spilt them to 16, and then chrome them... ick.

#237723 - 26/05/04 10:50 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
That yellow 350Z is totally [Rainbow] ! [ThumbsDown]

#237724 - 27/05/04 12:31 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
SSRXterra Offline

If you like them you like them, if you hate them you hate them. There is no reason to go on and on about them. But then again this is the net and people like to prove a point untill the others stop responding. I wanted to be different and thats that. The silverstone Z and the whatever the hell the silver car is I happen to like, but then again this is only one man's opinion.

ChuckH,
I agree with you 100% on the yellow Z. It looks like complete ass. And that again is only my opinion.

#237725 - 27/05/04 02:39 AM Re: Not an X but a Z...
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
The graphite people are referring to is properly called gunmetal, unless you guys are talking about something else. I personally prefer gunmetal rims on darker shades, rather than silver though.

Not a fan of the chrome or too-many-spoke rims either. I like to keep things clean. (But not chrome clean).

And there's no point in posting pics of sport cars with too-many-spoke rims. No one said it wasn't possible, just that it's not the most attractive.

#237726 - 27/05/04 01:27 PM Re: Not an X but a Z...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
That yellow 350Z is totally [Rainbow] ! [ThumbsDown]
I'm not stating that I like them, but you said 5-7 spoke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal