Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#242525 - 26/09/04 01:35 PM Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went down to the deer lease this weekend to finalize things before season starts next week. Decided to take the new camera and snap some shots.

Nothing exciting, but if you're interested, the rest are here.

#242526 - 26/09/04 03:30 PM Re: Huntin' X
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
What kind of rack sizes do you usually see there??? I just returned from Alaska so my mind is still on hunting and definetly not working. Nice looking truck BTW!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#242527 - 26/09/04 05:29 PM Re: Huntin' X
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Kewl pics and scenery...

#242528 - 27/09/04 10:58 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
What kind of rack sizes do you usually see there??? I just returned from Alaska so my mind is still on hunting and definetly not working. Nice looking truck BTW!!!

Tim
The whitetail here run up to about 20 - 24" (inside spread). Most of them are around 18" We have quite a few young bucks out and about. The olders ones are pretty crafty. Rut is usually the only time you'll see them out.

We're under a TXPW management system, stage 3, so our season starts a month early and lasts until February, so I'll have plenty of time to wait for the right one. laugh

#242529 - 27/09/04 02:43 PM Re: Huntin' X
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Friggen bambi killers

#242530 - 27/09/04 03:24 PM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Friggen bambi killers
Bambi??... they're friggen overgrown rodents.

#242531 - 27/09/04 04:19 PM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

...and they're delicious! laugh

#242532 - 27/09/04 04:37 PM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

mmm deer jerky laugh

#242533 - 27/09/04 05:54 PM Re: Huntin' X
Trihead Offline

They're cute and you guys should leave them alone.

#242534 - 28/09/04 03:52 AM Re: Huntin' X
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Jason, sure looks like you will have a bit of fun this year smile I am glad I looked at all your pics.. I sure was wondering what the hell that Turkey feather was confused

If you can break away we miss you, at our events, so try and make one... Actually we miss Amy more wink

CUL8R

#242535 - 28/09/04 05:02 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trihead, If you don't approve of hunting and want the deer to overpopulate the area, they will die of starvation eventually. Don't read the thread if you don't like it.

#242536 - 28/09/04 06:07 AM Re: Huntin' X
Trihead Offline

Actually I am just screwing with goofiefoot. I should have included a [Finger] or something. I don't hunt but have many times in the past. The shit won't give me any jerky is why I am on him.

Plus he should be riding his bike instead of camping with men. bwhahahahahah

#242537 - 28/09/04 07:08 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, okay.

#242538 - 28/09/04 07:21 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually I am just screwing with goofiefoot. I should have included a [Finger] or something. I don't hunt but have many times in the past. The shit won't give me any jerky is why I am on him.

Plus he should be riding his bike instead of camping with men. bwhahahahahah
You want jerky? Find someone who doesn't care what their venison tastes like. You want some damn good venison BBQ or chicken-fried backstrap, come on by. I will have plenty to share. laugh

Oh yeah, and [Finger] right back atcha.

Yeah, I totally blew on my bike in the Dilloman - added 2 minutes over last year. It may have helped if I had ridden more than twice this year. Oh well.

#242539 - 28/09/04 07:22 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
Jason, sure looks like you will have a bit of fun this year smile I am glad I looked at all your pics.. I sure was wondering what the hell that Turkey feather was confused

If you can break away we miss you, at our events, so try and make one... Actually we miss Amy more wink

CUL8R
I just thought you were ignoring me (Amy did, too laugh ). Did you get my email I sent on the 10th?

#242540 - 28/09/04 07:50 AM Re: Huntin' X
Trihead Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
You want jerky? Find someone who doesn't care what their venison tastes like. You want some damn good venison BBQ or chicken-fried backstrap, come on by. I will have plenty to share. laugh

Oh yeah, and [Finger] right back atcha.

Yeah, I totally blew on my bike in the Dilloman - added 2 minutes over last year. It may have helped if I had ridden more than twice this year. Oh well.[/QB]
I have yet to taste any venison that I really cared for outside of suasage or jerky.

PS I am getting a new road bike wooohooo

#242541 - 28/09/04 10:19 AM Re: Huntin' X
Dirt Devil Offline

Loc: Austin
Looks good, Jason. Let me know if you need any help "managing" the doe or hog populations wink I've been busy sighting in my rifles in preparation for the Colorado Elk/Mule Deer season. I may even take the Xterra this year. Unfortunately I don't have many prospects to hunt in Texas this season frown Catch any waves lately? We went down to Padre weekend before last to see if I could catch some leftover swell from Ivan, but it was flat.

#242542 - 28/09/04 10:23 AM Re: Huntin' X
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Devil:
Looks good, Jason. Let me know if you need any help "managing" the doe or hog populations wink I've been busy sighting in my rifles in preparation for the Colorado Elk/Mule Deer season. I may even take the Xterra this year. Unfortunately I don't have many prospects to hunt in Texas this season frown Catch any waves lately? We went down to Padre weekend before last to see if I could catch some leftover swell from Ivan, but it was flat.
Holy Shit its alive.

#242543 - 28/09/04 10:30 AM Re: Huntin' X
Dirt Devil Offline

Loc: Austin
Hell yeah! Out livin' life and not hanging around on the computer too much [Wave]

#242544 - 28/09/04 11:05 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Devil:
Hey Noah! It's been a long damn time!

Man, CO hunting sounds fun. I'd love to sit on a mountain and hunt for elk. We saw some nice Mules near Santa Fe in June. Yeah, I lucked out and had a spot open up on my dad's lease. Between going down to Goliad to move blinds and feeders, work being freakin nuts, and family, I haven't even seen the ocean this year. Maybe I'll go down and catch some fall swells this month.

#242545 - 28/09/04 12:14 PM Re: Huntin' X
Trihead Offline

Again I must point out goofiefoot by adding [Finger] You never take me surfing either.

Lets just see if I show you my new bike [Finger]

#242546 - 28/09/04 03:38 PM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Again I must point out goofiefoot by adding [Finger] You never take me surfing either.

Lets just see if I show you my new bike [Finger]
Damn, I can't make you happy, can I? :rolleyes: Tell you what, before I go do anything, I'll call you up and ask if you want to join me. I about to head to the john...

[Finger]

#242547 - 29/09/04 08:09 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I visited Choke Canyon State Park this weekend and dove hunted in Beeville, TX. Whitetail all over the frigin place. Lots o' birds too.

#242548 - 29/09/04 09:11 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
I visited Choke Canyon State Park this weekend and dove hunted in Beeville, TX. Whitetail all over the frigin place. Lots o' birds too.
Man, all of our birds freakin disappeared. The week before, the land owner told us there were thousands of them all over the property (which there usually are). Last weekend we saw a total of 5 or 6! They must know when season starts. Damn pigeons! mad

#242549 - 29/09/04 10:47 AM Re: Huntin' X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup, a few days after the season opens dove get so freeked out about all the gun fire that you are lucky to see very many. Wait a week or two and depending on the weather and your land conditions you'll probably see more.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal