Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#252642 - 25/04/05 07:48 PM My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

heres a pic taken in my sisters driveway at st. john's NL.

this one is taken one the beach in Bristol's Hope, near Carbonear NL.

a pic with the Baja lights, that I mounted on my Wagg grille guard. Taken on the Hearts Content Barrens.

And this pic was taken in Harbour Grace, NL....with the boat thats grounded in the harbour (The Kyle) in the background...I know that 56kz2slow would like to see this pic...

#252643 - 25/04/05 08:35 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] Sweet pictures.

Hows the rust situation coming along on the xterra? Doesnt look bad at all from the pictures. smile

#252644 - 25/04/05 08:40 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tahoe_x:
Hows the rust situation coming along on the xterra? Doesnt look bad at all from the pictures. smile
huh?? confused

#252645 - 25/04/05 08:42 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

You and hoppy always post these pics of your truck and they're usually coated in road salt from winter snow removal. Just curious on how your truck was holding up from it.

Doesnt look bad at all from the pictures. smile

#252646 - 25/04/05 08:55 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

nah mines quite good actually, just 2 very small bubbles breaking out around the back window on the hatch, but thats all...I'm impressed.

And nope, I have no pics of my X even being dirty yet....but hopefully will soon..hehe!! I keep my X washed alot in the winter, to keep the salt off her....thats one of the down falls about living here in NL.

#252647 - 26/04/05 04:57 AM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool. I have a picture at home that I took from that boat in 1994. It doesn't appear to have changed much since.

I'd like to go visit again, but it's 8 hours drive to Sydney, and then I don't know how long on the ferry, but I know it's not short. At least the ferry makes the xterra easy on gas.

#252648 - 26/04/05 07:15 AM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice pics [ThumbsUp]

Tahoe_x ... mine only has a bit of rust on the back hatch which I am gonna fix up hopefully this weekend ... and the steel rims take a beatign too but they are gonna be painted black soon too ... the salt only really hurts your truck in the spring when the temps get above zero and you haven't washed it off ... guess it comes with the territory ... part of the trade off to live in one of the most beautiful and unt ouched spots in Noreth America!

#252649 - 26/04/05 11:31 AM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Strider Offline

Loc: Huntington, WV, USA
Great pics, but what's the deal with the grounded ship?

#252650 - 26/04/05 02:11 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know a whole lot about her, but aparently she was a costal boat here in NL, and she was taken out of service and was anchored in the harbour untill she broke clear and drifted inshore and ran a ground...I have no idea why she was never towed back out, but has since became a well known land mark in eastern NL. She was pretty rusty, and was there for many years, ever since I can remember, so a few years ago, the had a crew go out a paint her up, and make her look better.

#252651 - 26/04/05 02:29 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found this on the SS Kyle:
http://www.hrgrace.ca/kyle.html

#252652 - 26/04/05 02:38 PM Re: My X from St. John's to Carbonear, NL
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah..cool...still they don't say what year that she became grounded there....I wonder when it was...I'll have to find out!!

K, I found it. "1967"

http://www.eastwaters.com/kyle.htm

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal