2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#231064 - 19/08/06 03:56 PM X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Local Jeep/Nissan dealer threw a Jeep show and the club finished our RTI ramp lastweek. 30 degree and i dunno how long but i can say its pretty big so here's a few pics.

Jeep Commander boo!!!

My X scoring a 540.62 with PML, 2in BL, and 31's. Not the lowest and sure not the highest but seemed to be somewhere in the lower to middle of the group. Surprised alot of people though, service manager loved it. lol

And the winner o4 Jeep Rubicon with i think 7in Clayton LA and 36in Iroks. Score was 1,016 if i remember right, i know it was over 1,000.

#231065 - 19/08/06 05:06 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy moly! That Jeep is INSANE!!!

#231066 - 19/08/06 06:27 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
OMG, that's as far as the Commander could go? [LOL] I realize it's a luxo mall cruising POS, but that's embarrassing for anything with the Jeep name on it!

#231067 - 19/08/06 06:56 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wonder how much further would a stock X be, as compared to the Commander?

#231068 - 19/08/06 07:03 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian reported a while back that four wheel mag put an xterra stock on a 20 degree RTI (both sway bars connected) and it scored a 439. When the rear sway was disconnected it scored a 500, and with both front and rear sway disconnected it scored a 564

#231069 - 19/08/06 07:17 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea that was it for the Commander, the front lower air dam hit the ramp with the tire about 1.5ft before the ramp...We had a stock Superduty hit it too.

#231070 - 19/08/06 07:19 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
OMG, that's as far as the Commander could go? [LOL] I realize it's a luxo mall cruising POS, but that's embarrassing for anything with the Jeep name on it!
And the Jeep Compass couldn't even make it to the ramp, may have been able to back up it but we weren't sure and didn't wanna tear up a brand new car finding out as it IS a car.

#231071 - 19/08/06 07:46 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA

[Uh Oh !]

#231072 - 19/08/06 08:31 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dswear22:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
[b]OMG, that's as far as the Commander could go? [LOL] I realize it's a luxo mall cruising POS, but that's embarrassing for anything with the Jeep name on it!
And the Jeep Compass couldn't even make it to the ramp, may have been able to back up it but we weren't sure and didn't wanna tear up a brand new car finding out as it IS a car.[/b]
Isn't the compass just another variation of the Neon/TP Cruiser platform? It just pains me to see what Chrysler is doing to the Jeep name!

Is that a "Trail Rated" emblem in front of the door on the Commander" DOes the Compass have one too? More like "Trail Retarded" I think since the only trails they'll be doing are paved!

#231073 - 19/08/06 08:59 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Compass is a re-badged Caliber...so yeah it's a car

#231074 - 19/08/06 10:04 PM Re: X on RTI ramp
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
The Compass is a re-badged Caliber...so yeah it's a car
Sorry to the original poster to go off in another direction here, but...

...Since you posted this I got curious and looked up the Caliber. Truth be told, I had seen them on the road and thought they were kinda neat looking. Didn't know what it was though and never would have thought of it as a small SUV. Just looked like a car to me. Oh, it is!

Anyway, my research was quite educational. I discovered that Chrysler killed the Neon and the Caliber is the replacement. The next generation TP Cruiser will also be based on this platform. I also learned that the Caliber is built on a Chrysler platform that is based on a Mitsubithci platform with parts from Just about every manufacturer out there. Diesel engine option in Europe comes from VW, transmissions come from a Nissan subsidiary called Jatco, valvetrains from mercedes, Mercedes stability control, and so on.

Now for the most interesting part. I read that we should see a VW TDi powered version with a 6 speed manual here in the US! Can you say lots of torque and 50 MPG? I thought so! Hopefully they'll offer this engine/trans package with AWD too!

As an SUV it, well, it just isn't, but if someone needed a very nice fuel efficient car with AWD, hmmmm.... I think I might actually like this thing! laugh Well, the Dodge version anyway. I would never buy a car with the Jeep name on it... that's just wrong!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal