Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#228043 - 07/05/07 04:02 PM let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

#228044 - 07/05/07 04:07 PM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice truck!

#228045 - 07/05/07 04:09 PM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great truck! I like those wheels. I need to get a set of wheels soon just for the hell of it. Gotta feed the addiction.
Gorgeous trees!

#228046 - 08/05/07 07:28 AM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by alex:
nice truck!
Hey how do you like the supercharging? Is it true that you always have to fill up with premium?

#228047 - 08/05/07 10:17 AM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are supposed to fill it with premium yes. My supercharger has some major issues I think do to some horrible gas mileage plus I cant hear it whine anymore. Otherwise when it was working it was pretty noticeable when accelerating compared to a NA xterra

#228048 - 08/05/07 11:15 AM Re: let's try this again....
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
More than likely you have tripped the knock sensor which put the supercharger in fail-safe mode. The engine is bypassing the blower. Thats why you have bad mileage and no blower whine. Probably got some bad premium gas once.

Now the bad part. If the dealer replaces it, it will cost about $1000.00.

The SC engine must have a working knock sensor to work properly.

#228049 - 08/05/07 06:43 PM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to work out the problem in September when I get back to Colorado for school, until then it will be in storage. I was talking to Allen (used to be a nissan tech) and he said said to use the ESM to figure out where the circuit is for the knock sensor and use a resistor to see if its actually the knock sensor. If it is the knock sensor then it looks like I will be ripping apart my engine in the fall while I do the SAS... I read somewhere that a Maxima's knock sensor is remote and is easy to change. I also read that it will work on the vg33 so that will probably be in the works if/when I have to change out the knock sensor. Either way I have a lot of work/research to do in the near future. I almost hope that its the knock sensor because if its not then it looks like I will need a new seper charger.

#228050 - 08/05/07 09:33 PM Re: let's try this again....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Supposedly saying though, the knock sensor will cost more than a new supercharger.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal