Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#250554 - 04/09/07 07:43 PM My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well... 4 doors & better gas mileage than my truck, at least:

#250555 - 04/09/07 08:04 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

HOT!! I'm surprised being a Nissan guy you didn't go for a Z though. Nice choice nonetheless..

#250556 - 04/09/07 08:22 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice ride. I've never paid much attention to the RX-8s but looks good.

#250557 - 04/09/07 09:11 PM Re: My new family car
Spencer Offline

Loc: Irvine
Zoom Zoom John

is the truck done yet?

I didn't see your post over at NOAS (yes I stalk that site because you guys are funny overthere)

Congrats on the new ride

You don't know what you got till its gone

#250558 - 04/09/07 09:18 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Truck's not completely done, yet. Should be by the end of October. I've got about 6, 1-2 day projects to do on it to get it back on-trail, and only have weekends to work on it (and not even every weekend, either).

I like the 350z's, but I got a killer deal on the -8, and I've always liked them, too. If there had been a 350z for that price, I would have taken it over the -8. But, having some extra space behind my seat to throw my junk is a pretty nice bonus.

This is my "divorce present"... After almost 8 years, I'm single again, and driving around in a beat-up 1991 Jeep Cherokee w/ over 270k miles on it was pathetic! Not to mention, I was putting a couple hundred a month in replacement parts on the darn thing, and the fuel pump just died. I don't have the time/energy to keep propping that pile up, so I got a "new to me" car.

This should work for a few years, at least... I like it! Took it to ATL this weekend; it handles GREAT on the highway, and on the twisty backroads.

#250559 - 05/09/07 11:12 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

zoom zoom [ThumbsUp]

#250560 - 05/09/07 11:24 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice ride. I often wondered if the new ones are any better than the '79 - '85? I had 3 Rx7's and hated the '85. The '79 and '80 were awesome though. Hmmm

Now how can I test drive one home and explain to the wife it just followed me there? [Freak] [LOL]

#250561 - 05/09/07 11:51 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Always been a big fan of the rotary engine. [ThumbsUp]

#250562 - 05/09/07 01:08 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well dont' forget..this is an RX 8 not an RX 7...Apparently the 8 handles amazingly and drives even better but I know theyre not that fast. RX 7's were actually fast cars (for their time) The last gen RX 7 was an amazing car but a major peice of shit.

#250563 - 05/09/07 01:12 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
Well dont' forget..this is an RX 8 not an RX 7...Apparently the 8 handles amazingly and drives even better but I know theyre not that fast. RX 7's were actually fast cars (for their time) The last gen RX 7 was an amazing car but a major peice of shit.
I know, but they are all Wankels in various configurations.

Nothing was better than having someone you just blew the doors off of ask "What's in that thing?" and the priceless look on their face when you tell them it's a 1.2 Liter. [ThumbsUp] [LOL]

I have two complete engines and a short block that I hope to make one good one out of for my Baja someday. I'm hoping for wheelies. laugh

#250564 - 05/09/07 03:48 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got mine in July this year...yeah, there's faster cars in a straight line, but no where near as fun to drive as the 8! Here's another site I frequent...tons of good info just like XOC. I highly suggest it for TSBs, recall info, maintenance, etc.
www.rx8club.com

I think you'll find it very helpful! Oh, and if you think the mileage will be better than the "other" X, don't count on it!

#250565 - 05/09/07 04:43 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

ya rotary's are sick engines but from what i hear really hard to work on if you dont know what youre doing. nice lookin car tho..im a big fan, but the 7's were/are sick!

#250566 - 05/09/07 05:17 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cloudy01:
ya rotary's are sick engines but from what i hear really hard to work on if you dont know what youre doing. nice lookin car tho..im a big fan, but the 7's were/are sick!
That's why I ended up getting rid of my last Rotary, not even the dealer knew how to work on it anymore. I traced it down to a $600 ignition module and gave up, traded it in on my '03 Xterra.

#250567 - 05/09/07 05:19 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
yeah, there's faster cars in a straight line, but no where near as fun to drive as the 8!
Ahem..

#250568 - 05/09/07 05:27 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
yeah, there's faster cars in a straight line, but no where near as fun to drive as the 8!
Ahem..
Edited to say..."with a back seat and four doors." wink

#250569 - 05/09/07 07:41 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Porsche, there is no substitute"...its got a back seat too :-)

#250570 - 05/09/07 08:59 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RDanford:
"Porsche, there is no substitute"...its got a back seat too :-)
No thank you. I'd rather buy the Mazda than a poor man's porsche... That's also why I didn't consider a boxster, too... No offense to the 944, but it shouldn't have ever been built. I did look at a 968, though, but didn't want to spend that much on that old of a car.

:p

#250571 - 05/09/07 09:00 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
Ahem..
Problem with that one is, I'm not gay. I didn't want to have to preface, "Look at my new car" with, "I'm not gay, though". Too much effort. The Miata was never even a consideration, regardless of how it handles...

[Too much XOC]

#250572 - 05/09/07 09:22 PM Re: My new family car
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by cloudy01:
ya rotary's are sick engines but from what i hear really hard to work on if you dont know what youre doing.
Feh - there's only like 7 moving parts in a rotary (or at least used to be). When I had my computer shop, a guy behind me rebuilt rotaries - had RX-7's lined up and down the street. Not much to the engine at all - it's just seals! Much easier than most piston engines. For some reason, the rotaries give guys that wouldn't have a problem tearing into other mechanical stuff the willies.

I would love to get a rotary Miata, but the weird exit of the crankshaft on a rotary just about negates that ever happening frown

Enjoy your 8, porche! They are a fantastic car.

#250573 - 05/09/07 09:52 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Outstanding.

Looks like you're doin' great, John. When you bringin' that truck out to CO?

#250574 - 05/09/07 10:02 PM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Huh...a me too in a Mazda (the -8 is a nice ride) or a 944 Turbo (325hp) in which there were less than 225 Turbos ever painted in summer yellow (87' only color)...I'll stick with the "poor man" Porsche and blow away a rx-8...just my opinion, I'll continue to drive a true sports car...

#250575 - 05/09/07 10:30 PM Re: My new family car
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
a true sports car...
:rolleyes:

#250576 - 06/09/07 05:03 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Problem with that one is, I'm not gay.
Not what you're wife's been saying.. Glad to see your divorce is finalized wink . As for your RX8, mostly women drive them here, big guy. [Finger]

#250577 - 06/09/07 05:19 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Outstanding.

Looks like you're doin' great, John. When you bringin' that truck out to CO?
notime soon...

BUT... A few NOAS members *may* be making the trek out for MOAB next summer... It's still in the works, and just talk right now; that's a long freaking drive from the east coast!

#250578 - 06/09/07 05:24 AM Re: My new family car
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Huh...a me too in a Mazda (the -8 is a nice ride) or a 944 Turbo (325hp) in which there were less than 225 Turbos ever painted in summer yellow (87' only color)...I'll stick with the "poor man" Porsche and blow away a rx-8...just my opinion, I'll continue to drive a true sports car...
I'm not looking to "blow" anyone away in a car. I have a motorcycle to get my 140+ mph speed fix, thank you. I just wanted a car in my price range, that was rear wheel drive, and manual tranny. There's not a whole lot of options in late model cars w/ those requirements. The -8 was the only one in that range I could see myself driving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal