2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#234900 - 18/05/08 08:39 PM OBA pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wanted enough oomph to run airtools at small bursts (as well as air up tires, run airlocker, etc), so I've got dual 5 gallon tanks and a pair of viair 380C's...

With the tanks aired up to about 170 PSI and the compressors running, I can get all 4 33's aired up from about 18psi to 35 without ever dipping below 80 psi in the tank. (I've since run a hose between the tanks with a cutoff switch so I can air up one tank quick if needed)

and yea, yea, I know, deathwish with an airsystem inside the cab - I don't keep it at pressure unless I plan on using it though.

#234901 - 19/05/08 04:08 AM Re: OBA pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

neat setup, did you install a spare battery for the compressors?

I've thought of building a rack like that for my radio equipment and batteries.

As far as air in the cab, my co2 tank is in the cab... No different than having a fire extinguisher in there.

#234902 - 19/05/08 05:32 AM Re: OBA pics
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Nice looking setup.. [ThumbsUp]

#234903 - 19/05/08 05:48 AM Re: OBA pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

no extra battery... compressors are rated for 17amps max each. my stock nissan battery was going south and running the compressors off the battery for a few seconds killed it. i ended up getting one of those optimo extremes with 3 yr full replacemnt and another 4 yrs prorated replacement. its no deep cycle, but i think it will work for now.

#234904 - 19/05/08 09:15 AM Re: OBA pics
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
As far as air in the cab, my co2 tank is in the cab... No different than having a fire extinguisher in there.
CO2 tanks are different then air tanks. They react differently to heat and punctures.

Nice setup man, looks good. Pics dont show the top tank connected. Will they be plumbed together full time or just when needed?

#234905 - 19/05/08 09:26 AM Re: OBA pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice man, looks good.

#234906 - 19/05/08 02:35 PM Re: OBA pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
[b]As far as air in the cab, my co2 tank is in the cab... No different than having a fire extinguisher in there.
CO2 tanks are different then air tanks. They react differently to heat and punctures.

Nice setup man, looks good. Pics dont show the top tank connected. Will they be plumbed together full time or just when needed?[/b]
Yea, those pics were on thrsday as I was rushing to get everything done (including installing a locker) for the weekend fun... on friday I put together a small ~1foot connector hose that goes to the 2nd tank with a shutoff valve inline. So I can fill both tanks up, or I can fill just one tank up really quick, and I can have both full and only use one (so immediately getting back on the road with enough pressure for a locker is no problem)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal