Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#277094 - 12/02/02 06:52 AM Tire life?
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
What is the life expectancy of the General Grabbers? I know some have pulled them off before the leaving the dealership for off roading reasons, but how long should they last in regular use?

#277095 - 12/02/02 10:17 AM Re: Tire life?
waine06 * 2002 SE S/C * Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I think that the General Grabbers are a poorly designed tire for the X. That is my personal opinion...The handling sucked from day 1 and continued to do so until I swapped them for TOYO Open Country AT'S at about 17K. I use the truck on-road 95% of the time and the Generals were a disappointment. When I removed them they were really soft, and the sidewalls were not as stiff as I would expect for an SUV tire. I think I could have gotten about 10K more out of them, but the wear bars were not to far off...More aggressive tires were in order to say the least. :rolleyes:

#277096 - 13/02/02 06:10 AM Re: Tire life?
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
The reason why I'm asking is because I've been thinking of getting better off road/winter tires. But I don't do alot of off roading and I have a decent amount of tread left. I can't justify meself throwing away good street tires if they still have half their life yet.

What I was thinking, if these would last me another year or two I might get a set of steel rims and put the off road tires on them and use the stock tires for every day use.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal