2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285434 - 25/06/02 08:08 PM BFG Warranty Experiences?
Gold Rush Offline

Loc: Franklin, NH
Has anyone had to try out the BF Goodrich warranty? I got a serious tear in the sidewall of one of my tires while four wheeling. I know the warranty reads that "Road hazard injury (cut, snag, bruise, impact damage, puncture, whether repairable or not)" is not covered under warranty. Do they have any leniency, or am I screwed? confused

#285435 - 25/06/02 08:36 PM Re: BFG Warranty Experiences?
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
The tire warranty with Discount Tire covers all offroading damage. Best place to buy BFG's.

#285436 - 26/06/02 10:51 AM Re: BFG Warranty Experiences?
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gold Rush:
Has anyone had to try out the BF Goodrich warranty? I got a serious tear in the sidewall of one of my tires while four wheeling. I know the warranty reads that "Road hazard injury (cut, snag, bruise, impact damage, puncture, whether repairable or not)" is not covered under warranty. Do they have any leniency, or am I screwed? confused
I’ve had two of my BFG KO’s replaced under the “road hazard” warranty I paid $9 a tire for due to off-road damage without any questions asked from the shop I originally purchased them from.

IMO your chances of a “free” replacement are greatly increased if you purchased the optional “road hazard” coverage that most tire shops offer. If not I would at least ask for a pro-ration (based on the standard BFG tread warranty) on the damage tire to be applied to the purchase of a new replacement.

#285437 - 26/06/02 01:56 PM Re: BFG Warranty Experiences?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I got a sidewall gash on my BFG AT a while back, it was covered by the hazard plan of the shop I bought them from. Never had to deal with BFG.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal