Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285815 - 05/08/02 05:28 PM How necessary are new t-bars with calmini bumper?
robloy11 Offline

Loc: Knoxville
I just wanted to know if new t-bars are realy necessary when a bumper like the calmini one is put on an X. I have had this bumper on since March and i don't have a winch and don't plan on getting one(i have the cover plate). Am i indanger of snapping the t-bars or will they just wear out faster? What will not replacing the t-bars do?
thanks
Robert

#285816 - 05/08/02 07:52 PM Re: How necessary are new t-bars with calmini bumper?
JerseyX Offline

Loc: Manchester Twp. NJ
Your front end is going to wear out a little bit faster then the rest. That is alot of extra weight your luggin around. If you havn't done so already...beef up your shocks at the least. Good Luck! cool

#285817 - 05/08/02 08:08 PM Re: How necessary are new t-bars with calmini bumper?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Let it ride. Eventually you may find that they just can't support the weight very well, but there's not much point in swapping them until you really need to. The stock ones will do just fine for a while yet.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal