Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#283652 - 06/02/03 10:55 AM A/T or M/T
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
ok... its about time for new tires... im sick and tired of mud, but thats about all we have around Austin... i really do like the look of the BFG M/T but is the BFG A/T going to perform better? i just talked to a friend who says he slides around on pavement with A/T's just as much as M/T's... anyone got a preference... im going to go with 32" (should fit with trimming, right?) then do a shackle lift in about a month or so... any thoughts, comments, or flames?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#283653 - 06/02/03 11:22 AM Re: A/T or M/T
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
ok... its about time for new tires... im sick and tired of mud, but thats about all we have around Austin... i really do like the look of the BFG M/T but is the BFG A/T going to perform better? i just talked to a friend who says he slides around on pavement with A/T's just as much as M/T's... anyone got a preference... im going to go with 32" (should fit with trimming, right?) then do a shackle lift in about a month or so... any thoughts, comments, or flames?
My BFG AT's don't slide. confused
If you are in mud all the time, yeah get MT's otherwise go with AT's.
32's are going to rub if you go off road without a lift, but some people don't seem to think so.
I've got 32's and 3" lift and have minor rubbing issues, but I also have 8" rims, but with stock backspacing.

Tire info

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal