Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#283454 - 01/04/03 07:14 PM Automotive Customizers LIft
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
yes i've searched. you know what i found? threads with responses like "why don't you search".
the ac "deluxe suspension package" is one of the lifts i'm looking into. i've already "searched" and read about calmini and slr, but i havne't seen any threads on ac's.
has anyone had experience with this lift, or at least experiences with this brand?
if i get this lift, will the calmini steering system still work or does ac have a system of their own?

#283455 - 01/04/03 07:25 PM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
You can use any steering system with any lift.

However, I would avoid the AC lift like the plague. Their quality is inferior, the quality of outside parts they use is inferior, and the UCA's suffer from major alignment problems.

#283456 - 01/04/03 07:35 PM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
yellowfever Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:
Their quality is inferior, the quality of outside parts they use is inferior, and the UCA's suffer from major alignment problems.
I am having both the AC suspension lift and body lift installed on my X on Tuesday by Sport Trucks in Birmingham, Al. I will let ya know how it turns out.

None of the lifts are bad, they are just a little different. Its just up to you.

#283457 - 01/04/03 11:43 PM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i've heard nothing but good things about calmini, that seems like the way to go. but i was just curious about ac's. i don't want to spend that much money when i could've learnt the dirt about it before hand.
is that why it's so much cheaper?

#283458 - 02/04/03 12:40 AM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
heres the deal from what ive read here:

Calmini: great reviews about lift and company
SLR: Great Lift
AC: Shit... both company and product

#283459 - 02/04/03 05:47 AM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I have delt with AC and I have to agree that you should avoid them at all costs.

I had their UCA's and could never get them into alignment. They insisted that my alignment guys were the problem and eventually (after months) said that they would have built new arms to fix the problem. After waiting for quite some time I gave up on them and went with the Calmini UCA's and have been happy ever since.

(they -AC- even banned me from their board because I was talking about the problem I was having, how is that for customer service)

#283460 - 02/04/03 05:59 AM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
Badfish Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowfever:
Quote:
Their quality is inferior, the quality of outside parts they use is inferior, and the UCA's suffer from major alignment problems.
I am having both the AC suspension lift and body lift installed on my X on Tuesday by Sport Trucks in Birmingham, Al. I will let ya know how it turns out.

None of the lifts are bad, they are just a little different. Its just up to you.
I had some work done at sport trucks down in birmingham done on my pathfinder about 10 years ago, they were great, when the brush guard/winch i had installed weighted down the front they put in stiffer springs for free. nice to hear they are still in business.

I am in Huntsville now, my question is what happened to the SE Xterra club, I just bought mine and that club seems to not be functioning anymore

#283461 - 02/04/03 10:10 AM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
yellowfever Offline

Yep they are still in business. Great people and great service. If you are ever in the area id suggest stopping by.

Had to throw a pitch in there!

My lift is more or less for show purposes. Im not using it for much offroading (reason: my X is 2wd). Thats why I got it from AC. I will say that i have had nothing but good service from the AC company. I am planning on the Calmini steering and maybe some others. With this all said the best lift for you is that one that you choose.

#283462 - 02/04/03 11:10 AM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
I've got AC's sus lift. I had the AAL's on for about a year, with just the torsion crank, it has settled a little, but I still have 2.25" of lift in the rear. I recently (about 3 months ago) put on the UCA's for the front. No alignment issues so far. She tracks nice and straight, nice even tire wear etc...
All in all, AC is good to go, IMO, good lift, good service, good people.
Hey, there's always gonna be those cases were there are flaws in some packages. No company can claim that they have never had a complaint with any of their products. If they do, they're a liar. Just choose whatever lift you want and be happy wink

DKX01

#283463 - 02/04/03 12:16 PM Re: Automotive Customizers LIft
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
I won't get into argumentive discussion about AC's customer service....I've experienced bad service from them as well. But I will say that I have had the AC lift on for a year without alignment problems or quality problems. But maybe I lucked out?

Anyhoo....hope you enjoy your lifted X.

[Wave]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal