Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#281823 - 26/08/03 10:09 PM Identify these tires !!!
20-100 Offline

Loc: Quebec, QC, Canada
Can you help me identify these tires, sold by Canadian Tire (in Canada, of course).

I dont think that they fabricate any tire, they have them made under their brand by one of the big tire maker (GoodYear, Goodrich, Bridgestone, etc...). Any idea of who is making them ? Have you seen them sold under another name ?

Both of these tires are made in 30x9.50R15LT, I think I will put the M+S under my Xterra. There is a special this week, $120 each (+/- $87 us)

The A/T model

The M+S

#281824 - 27/08/03 01:02 AM Re: Identify these tires !!!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't recognize the tread, but the first brand I would think of is Cooper or Kelly Tire...good, but not great tires. They do not appear to be made my any of the names you mention. BTW, avoid GoodYear A/T's! Their MTR is a great tire, but their A/T's are poor performers. Infact, the GoodYear Conquest A/T has the worst tire reviews I have ever seen.

#281825 - 27/08/03 02:43 AM Re: Identify these tires !!!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
2nd picture looks like Big Foot X/T ...

#281826 - 27/08/03 06:44 AM Re: Identify these tires !!!
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
BTW, avoid GoodYear A/T's! Their MTR is a great tire, but their A/T's are poor performers. Infact, the GoodYear Conquest A/T has the worst tire reviews I have ever seen.
What about the Goodyear Tracker A/Ts? I thought the they were a pretty good tire. Am I wrong?

#281827 - 27/08/03 08:35 AM Re: Identify these tires !!!
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
2nd picture looks like [b] Big Foot X/T ...[/b]
I think we have a winner!

#281828 - 27/08/03 08:38 AM Re: Identify these tires !!!
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chato:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
[b] BTW, avoid GoodYear A/T's! Their MTR is a great tire, but their A/T's are poor performers. Infact, the GoodYear Conquest A/T has the worst tire reviews I have ever seen.
What about the Goodyear Tracker A/Ts? I thought the they were a pretty good tire. Am I wrong?[/b]
I honestly haven't seen any reviews on the Tracker, but will look later. smile If it's a newer tire from GoodYear then it's probably good. The thing with GoodYear though is that you can almost always find a tire that is better for less money. Most of their passenger car tires absolutely suck ass too. Lots of crap with a little gold (MTR, etc.) mixed in.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal