Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#269685 - 04/06/04 11:01 AM Firestone Destination LE...
2001 Xterra SE Offline

Loc: Lake in the Hills, IL, 60156
I called a local tire shop and asked about the Dueller Revo AT and he said $156/ tire (install free)...I asked him his recomendation for the next "cheapest" tire, and he said the Firestone Destination LE @ $127/ tire...I have not been off-road in the 3.5 yrs I have owned the X, so I don't need anything too hardcore, but want something that looks/ performs better than the general crappers...call me a poser if you want. FYI - the size he quoted was 265-70/16...what are people's thoughts on this tire?

#269686 - 04/06/04 11:16 AM Re: Firestone Destination LE...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
If you like the Revos shop arround and find the Revos at a price that you are happy with.

Have you tried Tire Rack ?

It looked like your tire was $123 there.

#269687 - 04/06/04 02:43 PM Re: Firestone Destination LE...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunately if you want the Bridgestone you should take that price. We have them at $123 but after shipping it comes to about $137 a piece and then mounting and balancing locally would bring it to about $150 so you could save a little money with us but not much. I can deliver the Yokohama Geolander AT's for $104 a piece. Here is a link to our customer survey results for All Terrain tires if you want to consider other options. Yes the Bridgestones are
up on top though:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

#269688 - 04/06/04 03:02 PM Re: Firestone Destination LE...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001 Xterra SE:
I called a local tire shop and asked about the Dueller Revo AT and he said $156/ tire (install free)...I asked him his recomendation for the next "cheapest" tire, and he said the Firestone Destination LE @ $127/ tire...I have not been off-road in the 3.5 yrs I have owned the X, so I don't need anything too hardcore, but want something that looks/ performs better than the general crappers...call me a poser if you want. FYI - the size he quoted was 265-70/16...what are people's thoughts on this tire?
DO NOT buy the Destinations. They are road tires. As a matter of fact, find another tire shop. If you asked for Revos and that guy suggested Destinations, he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. They should sell you the regular Duelers for around the same price as those Destinations. There are huge price differences at different shops, so shop around. I was quoted $500 at one shop and $700 at another for the same tire in the same size. A good guideline is Sam's and Discount Tire. Beat their prices and you're getting a good deal.

If the tire shops don't quote good prices, Pep boys sells this tread pattern for about $100 each WITH a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty. My sister-in-law put a set on with an oil change & alignment for $500. They have been offroad lots and in very deep snow. She said, all around, they perform better than the BFG KO's she replaced with them.

#269689 - 04/06/04 03:14 PM Re: Firestone Destination LE...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another decent choice is the Land Terrains at Walmart for about $100 a pop (265/75 R16 in Chicago).

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal