2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285078 - 04/05/06 03:57 PM alignment advice
rockout77 Offline

I'm going to take my truck in for brake service and was thinking that it may be a good idea to have the alignment looked at since the passenger side front tire wears more on the outer edge. This doesn't happen on the driver's side.

I'm aware that the uneven wear I have could be from too much positive camber. That was my first thought. But thinking about my driving habits, there is a sharp left turn that I take on my way to work every day that I should probably go slower on. This could be the cause of the wear only on the right side as well.

The rear passenger tire exhibits some of this wear too, but it could be from rotating the front tires to the rear - I admit I paid little attention until it became more noticable.

The tires in question are Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos with 40k on them (and they still look pretty good!). Now I want to avoid paying for an alignment if I don't need it, so I'm looking for a little advice on this...

1. Should I have my tires cross-rotated so that both side will wear more evenly?

2. Should I just rotate front-to-back?

3. Should I just have the alignment looked at and have it fixed if needed. (this is what I am leaning toward, but the sharp left turn on my way to work every day is throwing me off a little bit)

Thanks for any tips.

#285079 - 04/05/06 06:00 PM Re: alignment advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

have you checked your tire pressures?

#285080 - 04/05/06 06:27 PM Re: alignment advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most places will do a front end check and show you how much it's out for free.

How many miles are on it? When was the last alignment? Do you off-road?

I just took mine back for it's second alignment in 6000 miles (18000 total). It was off again. I assume from wheeling. I have the Firestone Lifetime warranty on the alignment. Take it back as many times as you want for $150.

#285081 - 04/05/06 06:40 PM Re: alignment advice
rockout77 Offline

Tire pressure is always monitored, so that's not it.

The tires have 40k on them and I can't recall the last time I had an alignment. The truck has 80k on it.

I'll probably have the alignment looked at to be on the safe side. It should help me squeeze out the maximum mileage out of the tires anyway.

#285082 - 04/05/06 07:13 PM Re: alignment advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

An alignment will do you good. With that many miles, I bet it is off.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal