2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285974 - 21/08/06 05:41 PM yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright kiddos, I'm finally startin' to get around to modding my truck, first on my list was a new set of tires (been ridin around on michelin m/s, the hell those are is beyond me, all I know is that they blow off road). So the question being, 32's will fit an unlifted truck with some fender trimming right? Or would it be smarter to just go and get a 2" body lift (which was next on my list) and go from there?

#285975 - 21/08/06 06:00 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
OK so here is the deal (before the flame the hell out of you)

Since your truck is a 2000 31's will fit with some fun with a reciprocating saw. 2002 up until the re-design will fit 31's no problems.

32's will fit with a combination of things. A 3in suspension lift, a PML with no body lift for 2002 and up or with a body lift for 2002 and below, or some other combination of suspension lifting, body lifting, and cutting.

Do yourself a favor just go with the full 3in lift or try and piece on together from the buy and sell thread.

I would recommend just buying the new torsion bars, and AAL's from Calmini putting them on and just keep on looking for the UCA's and shackles on the site, they do come up every now and then.

Not to be an ass but just and FYI some people here dont irked with this kind of question but just check the top of the Tires section and it will have all the information you need.

Good Luck!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#285976 - 21/08/06 06:10 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

The plastics are so cheap you can cut then with a friggin box cutter [ThumbsUp] ! [drink]

#285977 - 21/08/06 06:49 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry to barge in, but you shouldnt be telling someone to get a suspension lift when you dont know what you are talking about, or telling them to get a sawzall out. thats just irresponsible.

you can fit 32" on a xterra without spending any money besides what you spend on the tires. just slap the 32"s on and do a tbar crank. after that do little bit of plastic trimming in the back of the front wheel wells. you dont even need to cut that much, and you sure as hell dont need no god damn saw.

#285978 - 21/08/06 11:10 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto on that...you don't need to do that stuff. Like steel said...you can do a t-bar crank and fit some nice 32s under there...I'd take it a step further actually and just throw some shackles under there too...I mean, why not? They're less than $75 typically, and that's with more than one manufacturer. Plus, once the 32s are on, the t-bar crank and the shackle install can be done in an hour, or less depending on whether or not you can turn a wrench. It's not hard to do at all. Since you're looking at going body lift anyways...you'll get pretty damn near the same result on lift with a tbar crank and shackle install, and you will have spent a quarter of the money...body lifts for the X are around $250 to $300. A tbar crank is free, and shackles...again, about $75 or less depending on who you order from. And bam...about 1.5" or so of lift, and MUCH easier to do than a body lift for sure.

If you're going with 32s though, and are lifting with a tbar crank up front...at least get an idler arm brace...cheap insurance for prolonging the life of a stock steering set up.

#285979 - 22/08/06 10:31 AM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Title of this makes me laugh.
Warning: there is no cure! wink

#285980 - 22/08/06 04:17 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
sorry to barge in, but you shouldnt be telling someone to get a suspension lift when you dont know what you are talking about, or telling them to get a sawzall out. thats just irresponsible.

you can fit 32" on a xterra without spending any money besides what you spend on the tires. just slap the 32"s on and do a tbar crank. after that do little bit of plastic trimming in the back of the front wheel wells. you dont even need to cut that much, and you sure as hell dont need no god damn saw.
Agreed. [ThumbsUp]

#285981 - 22/08/06 08:04 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
Ditto on that...you don't need to do that stuff. Like steel said...you can do a t-bar crank and fit some nice 32s under there...I'd take it a step further actually and just throw some shackles under there too...I mean, why not? They're less than $75 typically, and that's with more than one manufacturer. Plus, once the 32s are on, the t-bar crank and the shackle install can be done in an hour, or less depending on whether or not you can turn a wrench. It's not hard to do at all. Since you're looking at going body lift anyways...you'll get pretty damn near the same result on lift with a tbar crank and shackle install, and you will have spent a quarter of the money...body lifts for the X are around $250 to $300. A tbar crank is free, and shackles...again, about $75 or less depending on who you order from. And bam...about 1.5" or so of lift, and MUCH easier to do than a body lift for sure.

If you're going with 32s though, and are lifting with a tbar crank up front...at least get an idler arm brace...cheap insurance for prolonging the life of a stock steering set up.
Thats was some good info........And yes I'm in the Noob's are us club!
I was wondering if there was a
CHEAP way to give just a little lift... I have the 2006 OR and wanted just a little lift but didn't want to sink a lot of money in to since I just go my truck two weeks ago.... so the tbar lift look like a good cheap way to go.....As far as tires well I'll just keep the ones I got for now I guess.
Now I know some of you are going to go WTF this guy is dumb but does anyone have a pic of the t-bar I need to crank??? I'll start looking around for the shackles. Maybe I can even find some used ones or something on the buy sell forum.
Thanks for all the great info guys....

#285982 - 22/08/06 08:12 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraOverlaod:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
[b]Ditto on that...you don't need to do that stuff. Like steel said...you can do a t-bar crank and fit some nice 32s under there...I'd take it a step further actually and just throw some shackles under there too...I mean, why not? They're less than $75 typically, and that's with more than one manufacturer. Plus, once the 32s are on, the t-bar crank and the shackle install can be done in an hour, or less depending on whether or not you can turn a wrench. It's not hard to do at all. Since you're looking at going body lift anyways...you'll get pretty damn near the same result on lift with a tbar crank and shackle install, and you will have spent a quarter of the money...body lifts for the X are around $250 to $300. A tbar crank is free, and shackles...again, about $75 or less depending on who you order from. And bam...about 1.5" or so of lift, and MUCH easier to do than a body lift for sure.

Thats was some good info........And yes I'm in the Noob's are us club!
I was wondering if there was a
CHEAP way to give just a little lift... I have the 2006 OR and wanted just a little lift but didn't want to sink a lot of money in to since I just go my truck two weeks ago.... so the tbar lift look like a good cheap way to go.....As far as tires well I'll just keep the ones I got for now I guess.
Now I know some of you are going to go WTF this guy is dumb but does anyone have a pic of the t-bar I need to crank??? I'll start looking around for the shackles. Maybe I can even find some used ones or something on the buy sell forum.
Thanks for all the great info guys....[/b]
sorry man, no tbars for you. you might wanna try searching in the next generation section of this board, or try vissiting the thenewx.org. to get better info...

i dont really have much info for you, i kinda got blinders on to the new X since i dont have one. the prvious xterras are all pretty much the same.

#285983 - 22/08/06 08:19 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

So the 2nd gen Xterra's dont have T-bars??? confused confused confused

#285984 - 22/08/06 08:24 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So the 2nd gen Xterra's dont have T-bars??? confused confused confused
coil springs instead on the 2nd gen

#285985 - 22/08/06 08:27 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by granitex:
Quote:
[b]So the 2nd gen Xterra's dont have T-bars??? confused confused confused
coil springs instead on the 2nd gen[/b]
beat me to it. mad

#285986 - 22/08/06 08:28 PM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

...and be thankful for the no t-bars issue on the 2nd Gens....coils are so much easier to work with when all is said and done with. Yes, I know that t-bars are simple to adjust for ride height...but that's about it.

Check out some of the spacer kits if you're looking for an inexpensive fix to your ride height. Although the spacers aren't going to be as ideal as just swapping in 2.5" lift coils up front, a lot of 2nd gen owners have done it...they offer spacers for the front, and either shackles or an add a leaf for the back. You can already fit 33" tires on your 2nd generation X without a lift though, it's been done plenty of times...so that's another area where you've got an advantage over 1st generation owners.

#285987 - 23/08/06 03:39 AM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok well cool thanks a lot for the info guys [ThumbsUp] smile [ThumbsUp]

#285988 - 23/08/06 06:35 AM Re: yay for the mod bug
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nancy21:
Title of this makes me laugh.
Warning: there is no cure! wink
Ha! Tell me about it. I thought I had convinced myself to leave it alone...and now my lift is getting installed as we speak (I have a sloped driveway and an HOA...so I can't do it) and I've got skids sitting in the garage waiting for paint. And I've got a wish list longer than Santa's...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal