2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285298 - 26/02/07 05:54 PM Centramatic tire balancers rule
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I finally got Centramatics and I love 'em. The truck is smooth as silk now.

I don't know if they'll fit a stock X or not.... but they fit fine with the SAS and the 3.5"BS wheels that most of us are running.

#285299 - 26/02/07 09:33 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

care to elaborate???

#285300 - 27/02/07 05:47 AM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Kaiser Offline

They've been discussed here before - mostly people pooh-poohing the idea.

Check out their website (And the cool video demo) here: http://www.centramatic.com

I just wanted to say that someone here has actually tried them - and actually likes them.

#285301 - 27/02/07 06:09 AM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Glen, are these on the new 35's ???

I think I will definitely go this way after the SAS.

#285302 - 27/02/07 06:16 AM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd love to try them out and see how well they work on my trail tires (unbalanced MT 33's, *rough* after 45mph) but I have a hard time spending 200$ on something I've never felt the performance on. Do they offer some sort of garuntee for your money back if you don't like 'em?

#285303 - 27/02/07 06:28 AM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know a local guy here runs 'em and likes them just fine... Desert_Rat where are you?????

#285304 - 27/02/07 04:01 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
Glen, are these on the new 35's ???

I think I will definitely go this way after the SAS.
I actually haven't even had the 35's on the truck yet... first attempt will be in AZ [LOL]

This is on my 32" MTs.

There are two ways they might not "work". One is that they might not fit with your wheel/brake caliper configuration and the other is that there might not be enough weight in them to completely counteract a really bad out-of-balance situation.

I think the guy originally said that if I wasn't happy I could send them back... but if you're concerned about it I guess you should ask them.

I decided that I was ready to give 'em a try and if they didn't fit then oh well... but they did fit and they seem to have made some substantial improvement smile

#285305 - 27/02/07 05:11 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, Thank-you for shareing about :Centramatic's

A lot of us never heard of them...I just check into there web site....very interesting and after viewing them...

One will want to order these for all of our cars and trucks at home...only thing is it cost about $200.00 per set if 4. and you will need to add shipping cost too.

Up front cost is high..but the long term is a longer life tire,smoother ride and can be tranfer to a different vehicle (need same pattern).

OK I am sold here.........Aloha

#285306 - 27/02/07 05:35 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

Thats another balacing thing I heard works great too. And pretty cheap. Same idea of the centramatic balancers.

#285307 - 27/02/07 06:20 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Kaiser Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Colibri:
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

Thats another balacing thing I heard works great too. And pretty cheap. Same idea of the centramatic balancers.
Lots of people have gone the "putting something IN the tire" route... golf balls, airsoft pellets, BBs, Equal balancing media etc. It's supposed to work pretty well and is certainly cheaper... I think the Centramatic solution is a little cleaner and easier (and less noisy when you come to a stop).

I tried to put airsoft pellets in my tires but I gave up after a couple hours trying to break the bead. I even put the tire under my truck and used my floor jack to jack against the sidewall (yes, the tire was completely deflated).. no dice... and I seem to have damaged the steel belts in the process because in the ~300 miles I've driven since then the tire is now badly cupped in the center of the tread.

Point being.... if you do go that route either use one of the systems that puts the stuff in through the valve or take the tires to a tire shop.

#285308 - 27/02/07 07:29 PM Re: Centramatic tire balancers rule
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well the system I posted does go through the valve stem wink

Also wouldn't airsoft pelts degrade pretty fast inside a tire? They like to crack pretty easy so I would think they would.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal