2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274117 - 26/03/07 04:38 AM Help me pick a tire
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've found two tires that look like good candidates for my X.

treadepot.com has Toyo Open Country A/Ts in 265/75-15 and General Grabber AT2s in 31x10.50 both for $88 per tire.

Is there any reason I should pick one over the other? Does anyone know where Imight find a better price? (I've already been through the Tire Rack)

#274118 - 26/03/07 06:10 AM Re: Help me pick a tire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both are great. The Toyo are a little more highway oriented (but still decent offroad), so if you have a long commute, get those. If you have a short commute and want the more aggressive tread of the AT2s, that would be a great option, too.

Good luck! Post pics when your done!

#274119 - 26/03/07 06:21 AM Re: Help me pick a tire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's my wife's daily driver. Of course, the vast majority of the driving is done on pavement. I'm leaning toward the Toyo since it's not a light truck rated tire in that size. This would probably lead to better on-road manners overall, right?

The only off roading we do (or, have done so far on OEM tires) is light stuff on established trails.

#274120 - 26/03/07 05:17 PM Re: Help me pick a tire
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mzmtg:
Well, it's my wife's daily driver. Of course, the vast majority of the driving is done on pavement. I'm leaning toward the Toyo since it's not a light truck rated tire in that size. This would probably lead to better on-road manners overall, right?

The only off roading we do (or, have done so far on OEM tires) is light stuff on established trails.
I only buy LT rated tires, so I don't know if that will help. In my experience, tire pressure is the bigger culprit when it comes to harsh ride. Tire shops in Colorado seen to sometimes overinflate.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal