Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#278275 - 23/05/07 07:01 AM Need tire reccomendations...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I have an '03 xterra 2wd. I do just basic offroading type stuff, nothing hardcore. I pretty much only do it to go hunting/fishing and such. I want a tire that will be good on and off the road but fairly reasonable on the price....Please help me! Thanks!

#278276 - 23/05/07 07:07 AM Re: Need tire reccomendations...
Anonymous
Unregistered

go with the old faithful BFG AT's. There are alot of other great AT tires out there, just search around on here to get a better idea of what you like. but your gonna find alot of people running the BFG AT's.

#278277 - 23/05/07 12:53 PM Re: Need tire reccomendations...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just picked up some Bridgestone dueler A/T Revo's at firestone buy 3 get one free I love them you should read up on them. I was going to get BFG all-terrains but the cost was a little more than I wanted to spend.I should note I got my revo's cheap not only was it buy 3 get 1 free I got a good contact there he did not charge me to mount or balance and he gave me the warranty for free. The old tires were the stock long trails. The test there is a pretty step hill climb I had tried with the stockers the hill is like sand stone it is so slick it is hard to walk up because you just slide on the rock and when the rock comes off it comes off in like little BB's.
With the old stockers in 4LOW I could get about a third of the way up before the tires just spun on all those little BB's, new Revo's right up no problem.Also have heard from friends the BFG's clump up in the mud and snow the revo's won't that was another reason I went with them.I have been in the mud with both stockers and the revo's big difference they throw clumps of mud. One thing I did is post up on one of the clubs forums in your area see what others are using in that terrain. One tire may be great in the dessert but terriable in the swamp. Good luck

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal