2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#270996 - 12/07/07 06:42 AM Rim Fitting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking to dress up my 03 Xterra with a set of 20" rims. Was told by a rim dealer that it is hard to find a rim that will clear my front hubs without having the rim stick out from the fenders. Wanted to keep them street legal. I was looking at the Helo Maxx 6. Does anyone know if these would fit properly? At what offset?

#270997 - 12/07/07 07:07 AM Re: Rim Fitting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yo, you aint keepin it real, go with 24's

Seriously though, I dont think you will find any answers about 20's and bling on this board. [drink]

#270998 - 12/07/07 08:01 AM Re: Rim Fitting
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The offset is dependant up the rim width, which you didn't mention....so the correct offset is not answerable yet.

The Stock offset is +40 mm on a 7" rim.

Its 25.4 mm per inch, so, for every extra inch of rim width (Over 7"), subtract 25.4 mm of offset, to get the correct offset for the new rims...that will give you a ballpark #, you can be off of that a few mm either way.

If you get rims with 5.5" of Backspacing, you should be OK as far as rub and clearance go...that IS hard to find in an aftermarket rim though....you might have to order it custom.

Personally, I'd rather set it up for function, rather than bling...but, the above should help you in your quest to pimp your ride.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#270999 - 12/07/07 11:57 AM Re: Rim Fitting
Anonymous
Unregistered

im running a set of nissan titan 18s which are 18x8 +25 and with 285/60 tires they are about flush with the grey plastic fender trim. so get more offset if you can, or if you go wider with the wheels.

your rim dealer is right, seeing how most rims with a 6 on 139.7mm bolt pattern are meant for an escalade or tahoe. most will have a center bore smaller than 100mm (you can have that bore enlarged by a competent machine shop)and will have offset ranging from 0mm to about +15. there is only a handful that i know of from my experiences dealing with my hardbody that make wheels that might fit your needs. check out panther wheels and boss wheels. i know boss makes a couple 20x8.5s that are +40mm

in my opinion, 18s is about as big as you can go on an xterra without it looking dumb. you could lower it a little and maybe pull off 20s, but most will agree it wont look right. another thing is chrome, the xterra does not come with chrome except on the nissan badges (or on some stock steel wheels on some of the older versions)so putting chrome wheels on an xterra is like putting gold wire rims on a ferrari. people will just look at you funny.

but its your ride, do what you want. youll probably get better help for what you need over at www.nissancustoms.com instead of the 4x4 happy XOC

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal