Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265019 - 12/11/07 10:07 AM Knurl Diameter for wheel studs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need extended wheel studs for the front and i need the Knurl diameter so i can buy some from Summitracing.
Thanks for the info,
Bruce

#265020 - 14/11/07 03:35 PM Re: Knurl Diameter for wheel studs
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Well, the knurl diameter is the diameter of the knurled part of the stud.

They knurl that part so it sticks better w/o coming loose as easily.

So the head is the fattest part, and the thread diameter is the thinnest part...and the place where the threaded part goes back to the stud's head...gets thicker, and is knurled (Cut with grooves, etc...to produce a grippier surface).

OK?

I don't know what the knurl diameter of the X's studs are...never replaced one...but, the old one's you are replacing have the correct size....I'd measure them.

laugh

Or, just buy them from somewhere that doesn't make you tell them what studs you need....like:

http://www.xterraparts.com/html/catalog-oem.html

They just want to know what year, and if you need front or rear, and is it for a 4WD or a 2 WD X

Good luck!

(I guess you could ask that before placing the order too, and then get them anywhere...this was just a quick google I did after telling you to measure the old one...)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal