2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#265751 - 26/01/08 11:14 PM Rear Brake Hard Line Replacement... Part Source?
ivorykid Offline

Loc: Orange County
On my 2002 Xterra, the over sized spare (265/75R16 BFG T/A KO) managed to eventually crush / wear a hole in the brake hard line that follows the rear axle from the t-block that distributes the hydraulic fluid to left and right brakes (sorry, I don't know all the wrench lingo yet) to the drum housing.

I figure that the replacement is easy enough, but where do I find the hard line and fittings? My local Kragen has straight hardline, but I need it formed like the OEM part. Is the forming something that I need to do on my own?

If anyone has a part number or source for the part that I am looking for, I would be very appreciative! I would prefer to pick it up locally so I can get my truck back operational again ASAP if possible. I'm in SoCal, specifically the OC.

Thanks!
Erik

#265752 - 27/01/08 08:51 AM Re: Rear Brake Hard Line Replacement... Part Source?
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Well, you can probably get it pre-bent from the dealership. Have you tried xterraparts.com?

Or you can get the straight line and a manual pipe bender and bend it up yourself.

Or you try this place I found in the back of Fourwheeler magazine, www.inlinetube.com. See if they have anything.

S.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal