I have a question about load index. This is related to another post I made on snow tires. TJ, are you out there? I am interested in buying some snow tires with a load index of 109. I believe the load requirement for a 2003 X is 111. A 111=2403 LBs per tire, which equals 9612 total. The 109=2271, or 9084 total. I suspect, since the GVWR on an X is 5200 LBs, that this load index includes max towing capability, since that would be 9500 LBs. I do not tow during the winter. I do tow during the summer. But, I run 265/70 R16 All Terrain Kos. in an LT. I am looking for a 245/75 R16 snow tire, since the narrow width/higher profile will better suit my needs on ice. The problem is, this tire (BFG Winter Slalom KSI) is a P-metric, and comes in a 109 load index. I'm not too stoked on a P-metric, but for winter needs (minimal off-road without exposed rocks, not towing) I think a P-metric is fine. Is a 130 LB difference per tire going to jeopardize my life, if I am not towing? Also, I don't haul much weight during the winter, except skis, snowboards, and wife, kids and luggage on trips to see the inlaws. Is the 111 load index overkill if you are not towing? I am having a hard time finding these soft compound tires in anything but a P-metric. Sure, they come in a 265, with the 111 load index, but I don't want the wide tires. I know the Blizzac, comes in an LT, but they a more expensive, and I heard that the Blizzacs have a dual compound, making them useless when the tire is half worn.