OK, I have read every thread I could find about wheels and tires, and still have a specific question that I don't think has been answered.

I have a Silver 2000 XE, and want to get a second set of wheels for swapping/offroading/etc. I am being picky and want a steel (read inexpensive) black wheel. So, this leads me to the American Racing 767 (aka Rock Crawlers, aka Unique 42). But, in the Xterra bolt pattern (6 x 5.5), I can't find a steel wheel anywhere near the Xterra OEM wheel specs (15 x7 with measured 5 1/2" backspace). The closest anyone will even custom buils is a 15 x 7 with 4 1/8" backspace, or a
15 x 8 with 5 3/8" backspace. I have tried the custom 15 x 7s with 31x10.5x15 BFG ATs, and they rubbed like crazy up front as I expected. This wouldn't be minor trimmin, it would be bumper removal. Now, the 15 x 8s would put a little more of the tire/wheel inside the wheel well compared to the 15 x 7 I tried, but not by much.

Now to the question. Does anyone have a 15 x 8 steel wheelset (with black fininsh) with 31s on a 2000 X that is not lifted? If so, what is the backspacing, where did you get them, how much were they, and what if any trimming was needed. I'll cut the truck up some, but the previous attempt would have been ridiculous.

Thanks for reading the long, drawn out question.