Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293823 - 12/09/01 07:52 PM Piaa 1500 Install Help!
xbertmx Offline

Loc: Ab, Canada
I put this in the parts section but I figured it fit here better.

Ok, I bought a pair of PIAA 1500's from eBay. They are used but in great condition. My problem right now is that I'm stuck with the wiring. So if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.
Here goes. I've got the switch on the dash. The wire from the switch has a red, white, and black wire. I pulled the wire through the firewall, and in the process pulled off the connector plug. So now I've got the red, white, and black wires in the engine compartment. Now I have the connector plug that was supposed to plug into the one I broke off. From that connector, I've got a black, a white, and a white with a black stripe wire. I cut the three wires off the unbroken connector and I'm just going to tie them together. So I connected the black wire from the switch to the other black and grounded it by the firewall. This is where I get confused.

I've got the relay set up in front of the battery on the far side of the compartment. The relay has two wires on both sides. On one side is the wire that runs to the battery, and a wire that I ran across the front and back to met the wire from the switch. This wire running across the front is white with no stripe. The part that I'm confused about here is which wire from the switch should I connect it too? The red or the white. I assumed white, but I wasn't sure.
On the other side of the relay is the wire for the two lights, and a black wire with an eyelet. I assumed the black wire is for grounding? Then, half way down the wire to the lights, there is a bit with electrical tape, and two black wires leading to the same eyelet. Are all three of those wires (2 eyelets total) for grounding?

My other problem is back at the switch wire near the firewall. The third wire, (red or white I'm not sure) connects to a white wire with a black stripe. On the end of the striped wire, there is a blue connector of some type. It's in a platic clip, but its one piece of flat piece of metal about .5 cm long. I assume I'm supposed to somehow attach that wire to a head light wire, but which one and where?

Anyway, I know that was really long, but I'm pretty lost right now.

Oh yeah, the other thing that I'm screwed up with, is shouldn't there be a connection to the negative part of the battery at some point?

Thanks alot. Hope I didn't ramble too much.

#293824 - 13/09/01 03:32 PM Re: Piaa 1500 Install Help!
PROFLEX Offline

like this?
the white wire with red stripes has a flat connector that plugs into a empty keyed hot
fuse outlet, this powers the switch when the key is on. hope this helps

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: PROFLEX ]

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal