Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288350 - 06/10/01 08:44 PM Stock radio question...
gr0mit Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Hi all!
A quick question- Just got my X (2001 XE 3-pack) back from the dealer who replaced my stereo because it "mysteriously" stopped working, and on the drive home, noticed that while everything seemed the same, the head unit was different in that it did not have the illuminated cd slot or the illuminated tape slot. While I'm just happy to have my truck back with the ability to drive to music, I'm wondering if there's anything different between the original unit and the replacement...Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and the other bad part was that the dealer said that they couldn't do anything for me with regards to my CD stuck in the old unit...

#288351 - 07/10/01 03:28 PM Re: Stock radio question...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I'd go back to the dealer with my tools and a hammer as a back up and say, "let me try"

I did find out last night while installing some lights, when you disconnect your battery it will eject what ever is in the radio. I had a CD and a Tape in my stock unit and after I plugged every thing back up I noticed they were both sticking out. Whether they came out when I disconnected or reconnected I don't know. But since your was broken to begin with it probably didn't

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#288352 - 07/10/01 08:24 PM Re: Stock radio question...
gr0mit Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Ramness-

Yeah, I tried that trick with the battery and no luck- it was as if the deck completely died... In any case, the bigger question would be if I should bother going back to the dealer to replace this deck with one that came standard in my original truck. I know backlighting on the controls is kinda superficial, but it makes a difference to me having had it and now being without. Not to mention that it makes using the radio at night difficult to say the least...

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal