2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#313420 - 24/03/02 04:04 PM What's up with my battery?
cygnus67 Offline

Loc: Southern NJ
My factory battery isn't quite two years old and hasn't given me any "problems" until the last few weeks. I've been cleaning battery acid crud from around the vent caps each week for the last two months - and it keeps coming back! I even went to Pep Boys to have them drop it in the charge test gizmo. Suprisingly, they said there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Good and strong. So, why all of a sudden the constant crud? One guy mentioned that it can be from overheating or overcharging. Anyone have this problem before?

#313421 - 24/03/02 05:26 PM Re: What's up with my battery?
SCoach Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Sounds like overcharging. Have your alternator/voltage regulator checked. Have you checked your battery voltage while the truck is running?? Check the battery voltage with the terminals removed, with the terminals connected but the truck off, with the truck idling, and with the truck at 3000 rpm.

-P

#313422 - 24/03/02 06:24 PM Re: What's up with my battery?
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
I had the same thing with my 95 nissan pu. Try baking soda and water. Mix the two and pour on the battery terminals and where affected nd let them dry. There is a product out there somewhere (don't know what it's called) that you spray on to prevent the corrosion from coming back.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal