Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#305749 - 22/05/02 10:26 PM Solution to Steering wheel remote control?
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
Someone posted a while back about a shift knob that had buttons on it, well Crustchfield sells it and it turns out that those buttons work via IR and are designed to work with a receiver.

You just program the buttons via a normal remote and have 6 function buttons [4 buttons total, 1 acts as a mode button]

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-fhLu7nnz3UI/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=12&g=93200&I=127SK1C+++

I'm not to kean on the design, but it is a fairly clever idea. The IR connectors that'll work with the steering wheel controls the SE owners already have usually run about the same price, at least from my research.

I might look into this, but I'm saving up for the Kenwood kdc-x959 laugh

#305750 - 23/05/02 07:59 AM Re: Solution to Steering wheel remote control?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
For those with a manual transmission perhaps. Me, I find the shifter a matter of inches from the stereo. Is it that hard to use the buttons on the stereo?

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#305751 - 23/05/02 09:24 AM Re: Solution to Steering wheel remote control?
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I won't be able to navigate the gears without the numbers on top of the shifter! wink

#305752 - 23/05/02 09:47 AM Re: Solution to Steering wheel remote control?
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
For those with a manual transmission perhaps. Me, I find the shifter a matter of inches from the stereo. Is it that hard to use the buttons on the stereo?

Brent
Yeah, I spend the majority of my time in Seattle traffic, so my hand doesn't ever get to leave the shifter. The problem I see is that the buttons on the new stereos are so small and hard to find that this would come in handy for just adjusting the volume or tracks.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal