2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295364 - 10/12/02 04:33 PM Tape Deck problem
dimossi Offline

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Hello all. I have a 2001 Xterra with the stock CD/Tape combo player. I tired to actually use the tape player for the first time since I bought the vehicle a couple months ago and it didn't work. I tried a couple different cassettes to no avail. When I insert a tape it starts to suck the tape in but always stops when the front of the tape is flush with the front of the unit. The unit then just spits the tape back out and turns off.

Anyone else have trouble like this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

David

#295365 - 10/12/02 05:03 PM Re: Tape Deck problem
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
What's a "Tape Player"? Oh wait...I remember those things. I didn't know they still made them.

wink

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#295366 - 10/12/02 06:20 PM Re: Tape Deck problem
dimossi Offline

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Yeah...yeah....I know. That is one of the reasons I am just realizing the problem now; I never thought to use the tape player before. I have some books on tape that I just bought for a trip, that is why I needed to use the tape player. I guess I could always convert the tapes to CD, but that can be time consuming.

Thanks.

#295367 - 11/12/02 05:01 AM Re: Tape Deck problem
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
The tapes that you tried to play, were they all the same brand? Back in the days when I used to have a tape player, certain brands of tapes I would always have problems with. Temperature was another factor, the colder it got, the worse the performance of the player. One other thing, stay away from 120 minute tapes, they snap too easy in the deck. Hopefully you're still under warranty. Good luck.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal