Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299050 - 17/12/02 03:03 PM I've gone mod mad
kd4adc Offline

Loc: Alabama
Threw out the OEM airfilter for a K&N. I've always got great service out of K&N filters.

I did ElectroKen's intermittent wiper mod. It works great. While I was into that part of the dash, I made my cigarette lighter port hot all the time like the other power points. Then I opened the center of the dash and did the defroster mod where the compressor doesn't come on unless I turn it on.

I put a JVC KD-SH707 headunit in the top half of the double din hole. Rockford Fosgate FRC3269's went into the back. RF FNP2614U's are going into the front as soon as they come in. Then, after Christmas, a RF Punch 150S driving a single RF RFP3410 is going into the cargo area in an easily removable setup.

I put in my Yaesu FT-5100 2m/70cm amateur radio transceiver in in the bottom half of the double din hole in the dash. It's feeding a Diamond NR770HA mounted at the back driver's side on the roof rack using an ARB CB antenna bracket. After Christmas, I plan to build and install a TinyTrak3. I'll interface it with my Garmin Legend for mobile APRS.

Next is an better alarm.

Gonna check the junkyard for a glovebox light that suits me.

Then maybe fog lights.

If I could find a suitable change holder and a glow-in-the-dark ring for my ignition switch, this truck would be perfect.

Thought someone might be interested.

#299051 - 17/12/02 06:59 PM Re: I've gone mod mad
Cassara with X Offline

Loc: Tarzana, CA
Sounds like somebody is having some fun. I would get the better alarm sooner rather than later with all that fancy gear you got!

Quote:
Originally posted by kd4adc:
Threw out the OEM airfilter for a K&N. I've always got great service out of K&N filters.

I did ElectroKen's intermittent wiper mod. It works great. While I was into that part of the dash, I made my cigarette lighter port hot all the time like the other power points. Then I opened the center of the dash and did the defroster mod where the compressor doesn't come on unless I turn it on.

I put a JVC KD-SH707 headunit in the top half of the double din hole. Rockford Fosgate FRC3269's went into the back. RF FNP2614U's are going into the front as soon as they come in. Then, after Christmas, a RF Punch 150S driving a single RF RFP3410 is going into the cargo area in an easily removable setup.

I put in my Yaesu FT-5100 2m/70cm amateur radio transceiver in in the bottom half of the double din hole in the dash. It's feeding a Diamond NR770HA mounted at the back driver's side on the roof rack using an ARB CB antenna bracket. After Christmas, I plan to build and install a TinyTrak3. I'll interface it with my Garmin Legend for mobile APRS.

Next is an better alarm.

Gonna check the junkyard for a glovebox light that suits me.

Then maybe fog lights.

If I could find a suitable change holder and a glow-in-the-dark ring for my ignition switch, this truck would be perfect.

Thought someone might be interested.

#299052 - 18/12/02 09:34 AM Re: I've gone mod mad
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
kd4adc
How was the defroster mod?
I have the instructions and haven't had a chance to do it yet. I also have a 2002 and was wondering if the insructions made a difference between the years.
Thanks

Alan

#299053 - 18/12/02 09:48 AM Re: I've gone mod mad
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Don't forget the coolerman CHI (Cup Holder Illuminator) Mod.

CHI site

Coolerman also made a similar mod for a glovebox light. You may want to contact him about it. The way he works is, he sends you his product, then if you like it - you send him cash to pay for it. Lots of happy customers.

#299054 - 18/12/02 11:59 AM Re: I've gone mod mad
kd4adc Offline

Loc: Alabama
The defroster mod worked great. I didn't think it was going to work; the climate control module is *very* tight. After I removed both outer knobs, I was able to work it out of the enclosure. The switch is easy to find and easy to see how it works and what to do. I recommend it.

#299055 - 19/12/02 06:57 AM Re: I've gone mod mad
BennyLen Offline

Loc: Huntsville, AL
The JVC KD-SH 707 head unit is a great head unit. I've had mine in for 2 months now and love it. I hooked up my iPod to the rear input so now I have 3600 songs at my disposal. If I ever get around to putting in a some amps and sub for it, it will be even better.

And I love the MP3 CD player. 8 hours of songs on one CD.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal