2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293408 - 09/03/03 11:32 PM Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
Mimic2k Offline

Loc: Escondido, CA
Well I'm finally getting around to upgrading the stock stereo in my Xterra. So after researching a bit, and reading the forums, and talking with friends, I decided on the Kenwood MP522 MP3/CD Reciever, and I'm currently trying to decide on what speakers to upgrade to.

Anyway onto my question, I ordered my stereo from Crutchfield, and they're running a promotion where if you buy a Kenwood Reciever that's Sirius Satelite Radio ready (Or a Sirius FM Radio Deal) and a Sirius Antenna then you get a Kenwood Sirius Satelite Radio Tuner Free. So I figured that I would pay the $50 for the antenna, so that I could get the tuner also. My question is where should I mount it? I'm thinking about mounting it under the Passenger seat, or under the drivers seat (But I think that there's stuff under the driver's seat) So what does everyone think? It's going to be a while until I get an amp, so under the seat is pretty much empty space. Would that be a good place to mount it, or should I mount it somewhere else?
Here's the tuner... Kenwood KTC-SR901 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner

I'm more than likely going to mount the antenna above the rear hatch, and run the wires through the top of the hatch, but from there I'm not sure where to run them. Any suggestions? Should I run the wire down the side, and along the floor? Or what?

Any help would be much appreciated laugh And yes I did search for this, but came up with nothing about where to mount the tuner, and very limited info about the antenna.

Thanks.

-Braden

Front:Radflo Coilovers
Rear: Deaver Mini Pack, Bilstein 5125s
Engine: AEM Intake System, and Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

#293409 - 10/03/03 02:57 AM Re: Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I'm interested to see the responses - the same sale from Crutchfield has been tempting me as well....

#293410 - 10/03/03 08:16 AM Re: Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
About 3 or so months ago I got lucky and caught a good sale at Best Buy. THIS UNIT originally retailed for 179.99 , but because there was/is a new model soon to come they discounted it down to (and you won't believe this) $9.99 . I couldn't believe it. It was hard item to find though. After going to 3 Best Buys I got one. Anyway, I just got around to installing it Friday night. I mounted the receiver under the passenger seat/ mounted the antenna above the rear hatch, down around the side (rear hatch molding), under the carpet in the cargo area, under the backseat to the floor under the passenger seat (where the reciever is). I hope you can understand all of that. For the most part it was a quick and easy install. I would post pics, but I don't have a digital cam.

#293411 - 10/03/03 09:07 AM Re: Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
The promotion is actually a Kenwood Promotion and you can get the same deal at Best Buy for less with free install if you dont have time to DIY.

#293412 - 10/03/03 10:08 AM Re: Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
Mimic2k Offline

Loc: Escondido, CA
That made perfect sense Meyex thanks smile Thanks for the help.

njs1stlt: I just saw that I could of gotten it through Best Buy yesterday. But oh well. Either way I want to install it myself.

Thanks for the help smile

-Braden

Front:Radflo Coilovers
Rear: Deaver Mini Pack, Bilstein 5125s
Engine: AEM Intake System, and Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

#293413 - 10/03/03 10:47 AM Re: Satelite Radio Tuner Placement Question...
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Sounds like you got a pretty good answer... Let me throw my two cents in anyway...

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=001174#000000

Mounted the tuner under the passenger seat, and it has never been bothered. Wires went down around inside of hatch door, and through the eyelets of the taillight into the cabin, under the carpet, and to tuner...

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal