Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311897 - 20/03/03 05:18 AM follow up to ' short in fog lamps' question
JayX Offline

Loc: Western NY
So, I took my X in to the dealer yesterday. G-sensor replaced without a hitch, ABS light no longer coming on. Good deal.

Something irked me though. I was having the problem with my fog lights, blowing fuses. When the mechanic fixed them....they do work now....he told me all he had to do was replace a bulb in the right lamp. Does that sound right? I've never known a blown bulb to continually blow fuses.

Would losing one bulb knock out the entire system? I hate to question it, but I have this inherent mistrust for dealerships anyway.

#311898 - 20/03/03 06:23 AM Re: follow up to ' short in fog lamps' question
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
It could be possible...There might have been something wrong with the connections on the bulb itself that was causing the short...Glad you got it fixed though... wink

#311899 - 20/03/03 12:42 PM Re: follow up to ' short in fog lamps' question
JayX Offline

Loc: Western NY
I'm pretty happy with my local dealer since I bought this X. They're really good about stuff.

Like I said though I just have this built in defense when it comes to dealerships.

It was funny. I got home, turned on the lights and fog lamps, ran around front....no lamps on. So of course, right off the bat I'm pi$$ed. Cussin' and swinging....until I got in and saw that my high beams were on. Turned them off, and my lamps came on. :rolleyes: This is after I got home from the dealer. Oops. [Freak]

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal