Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#308537 - 22/05/03 09:29 AM Part number for...
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Anyone know the part number for the electrical connector underneath the passenger side seat ( I guess for the seatbelt for some reason). Anyway, it's a white piece(s) and I busted mine when I removed the seat. Thanks.

#308538 - 22/05/03 10:06 AM Re: Part number for...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
According to the service manual, you broke the seat belt pre-tensioner connector. NOT an unimportant part... Unfortunately, it does not list a part number. I would go to radio shack and buy the male and female equivalent and splice them in. Who gives a turkey if its OEM as long as the wires make good solid connections?

Then again, if you screw the connection and you're in an accident and your passenger is hurt because the pre-tensioner didn't go off, Nissan wouldn't owe you a nickel. You may want to let the factory fix it for you just to CYA.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#308539 - 22/05/03 10:11 AM Re: Part number for...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I don't think it could be the pre-tensioner. The wire under the driver's seat on my '00 is just for the seatbelt warning lamp, I have no wire under the passenger seat.
The pre-tensioners should fire in any airbag-triggering collision, no need to "sense" anything at all. If the person isn't buckled in, there's no risk of injury from it firing...
Anyway, if it's airbag or pre-tensioner related, it should be bright yellow like the rest of the wiring related to those systems.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#308540 - 22/05/03 10:41 AM Re: Part number for...
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Yeah, I don't know why it would be there. It's not like it needs to tell me if my passenger's buckled in or not because what if I don't have a passenger. I guess I can ask someone when I take my X in for the airbag part recall. Maybe they'll fix it for me. [LOL]

Along with what Brent said, wouldn't the pre-tentioner be in the side panel and not the buckle?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal