2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292449 - 07/07/03 09:20 PM Yet Another Fog Light Question ... Plz Help
metsallica Offline

Loc: Madison
I have an 2002 Xterra whioch came with no fog lights. I ordered some OEM replacement fog lamps, a relay and the switch from xterra parts http://www.xterraparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=999KT-FLSWH

Since my X was pre-wired for fog lamps, I thought this was going to be easy...apparently not!

I have a clugy setup going right now after I managed to blow out a couple of fuses. If anyone can help me now would be a good time. And yes I have read through all the posts related to fog lamps.

The setup:

- connected the red/black to rocker switch pin 1
- connected red/green to rocker switch pin 2

Questions:

1. Where do I connect the ping 4 (green) to get the switch to actually light up when the lights are turned on? I used a fuse jumper and tried a few places but no luck.

2. The fog lights work as factory spec-ed i.e. are only on when switch is on and lights are on low beam. Question: Which fog cable (red/green or red/black) should I connect to what cable of of which harness to have the fogs work whenever I want (i.e. fog switch is on and h/lights are on park, low or high to work; lights off fogs off)

The only places on my X that I have red/blue or purple cable is on the 4 pin connector and when I tried the purple the right h/light stayed on. When I tried the red/blue, I blew 3 fuses.

Please help!!!! Remember it's a 2002 and I don't have a purple or red/blue on the 8 pin connector.

Thanks.

#292450 - 08/07/03 06:47 AM Re: Yet Another Fog Light Question ... Plz Help
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
did you recieve the Instuctions when got your Fog Light Kit? if not xterraparts.com has instruction on their site...I had gotten the OEM Fog Light Kit for '02 Xterra from some guy selling them on ebay, and it was a breeze installing them...if your X is prewired, there shouldn't be a problem, there is a pin harness that clicks in right into the Fog Lights...the only "semi" problem I had was installing the switch handle, you have to take the steering column housing off and replace the old one to put in the new one....it just takes time...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#292451 - 08/07/03 06:49 PM Re: Yet Another Fog Light Question ... Plz Help
metsallica Offline

Loc: Madison
Okay So I figured it out and it wasn't too hard. The ping 4 (green) cable from the rocker switch goes to ground (any where on the body). I installed a nut and bolt near the foot brake and attached an electrical clip and connected the green cable - little light on the rocker switch works. :p

Next I disconnected the pin 1 cable (purple on switch) from the red/black cable of the car (taped up red/black end). Connected the purple cable using a fuse extender to the ACC fuse.

End result:

Fog lights come on whenever the rocker switch is turned on REGARDLESS of the headlight position (off, parking, low or high) AND the key is in the ACC or START position.

Basically turn the key to OFF to pull it out, the fogs turn OFF AUTOMATICALLY even if the fog switch is left on. No need for the buzzer.

Extra current load was too small to increase fuse Wattage. [Spit]

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal