2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288426 - 31/07/03 05:27 PM Firestik Installation Complete!
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Finally, after all this waiting, I received my ARB antenna mount today, and was finally able to get rid of my little Radio Shack magnetic mount, and install my No-Ground Firestik. Woohoo! For those who care, I followed RI Xterra's mod, and went with the ARB mount on my roof rack, topped with a spring and EZ-Over. All I needed were longer carriage bolts (.13 cents each at the local hardware store) for the ARB, and it was an extremely easy install. My Firestik is only 2 feet, however on top of the spring, and on top of the EZ-over, it was taller than I expected it to be. I guess I'm also used to seeing my magnetic mount which was literally half the size. Overall, I'm really happy with it though. It's just going to take some time for me to get used to seeing a larger and taller antenna that catches the eye. Anyway, I would post pics, but I don't have a website, sorry. If you go here:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=001149
and look at RI Xterra's set up, that's exactly what mine looks like.
Thanks RI Xterra for your help and advice, and everyone else for answering my SWR meter/coax/set up questions.
[Wave]

#288427 - 01/08/03 06:20 AM Re: Firestik Installation Complete!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
No prob.... wink

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal