2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310490 - 12/08/03 07:48 PM what's next?
ccspelman Offline

Loc: el paso, texas and connecticut
okay, a few months ago i bought a new head unit.. it's the sony one with the black ghost face that unfolds and everything. it cranks out 50 watts.

now.. i want to eventually have a great system, but piece by piece. what am i supposta get next? i just want a great sound quality.

so is it a sub? an amp? or speakers? i have no idea! i talked to the guy at the audio place and he said that if i get a sub i have to get an amp. is that true?

thanks for any help!

#310491 - 12/08/03 07:55 PM Re: what's next?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes that is true, most subs can put out from 50 - 2000+ watts, you will need another amp for it to work. it depends what type of music you like or what, if you go for sound quality and want a greta system, do not get sony speakers or subs or amps, they suck. If you want truely good sound get jl audio, focal, or boston acoustics. But you will usually need a amp also for you new speakers, hope this helps, if not, keep posting =D

#310492 - 12/08/03 08:36 PM Re: what's next?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would just get speakers. To do this the best you will need to buy an amp with the speakers. The 50 watts your deck is puting out is a high end frequency. What you want for great sound is low end and that's what an amp will give you. Just make sure that you hook it up via rca cable and not just the normal wire that comes out of the deck. You don't need to get a huge amp, because you can just continue to build on system with amps when you get either more speakers or a sub. Seperates are also the best. A super cool place for tweeters is mounting them on the back of you riew view mirror, great sound and it's cool to show people. Have a fun rockin!!!!
Quote:
Angus is God!!!!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal