2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288269 - 30/04/04 06:23 PM FINALLY- my 02 X S/C Speaker Choice- Steal of a Deal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I made my choice for front components to replace my factory speakers. Well, the decision was made for me when after talking to Crutchfield, they recommended the Polk db6500 or the Infinity 6000cs for best fit. Retail through them was $200. I stopped by Circuit City today, to listen to them if they had them, and to my shock, they were selling the Polk db6500 for $50! The guy told me they were no longer going to carry the line for some reason, and they were closeout. (I got brand new, they had 3 sets left, 1 "open box" and 2 never opened for the same price...guess which I picked!)

Anyone have these? I mean, for $50, reg. $200 through Crutchfield, I didn't think I could go wrong!

#288270 - 30/04/04 11:13 PM Re: FINALLY- my 02 X S/C Speaker Choice- Steal of a Deal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hellva deal there you can always count on Best Buy to be selling something for cheap. Polk makes damn fine speakers I've installed them in a number of hi end home systems and never had any complaints. You might find that they might sound a little different from your factory ones and not as good as they did in the store. This is due to your head end unit. So don't get to down when you think they don't lsound as good as you thought when you heard them in the shop.

#288271 - 30/04/04 11:19 PM Re: FINALLY- my 02 X S/C Speaker Choice- Steal of a Deal
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
I'll give Circuit City a visit tomorrow and see if they still have any in stock.

#288272 - 01/05/04 06:04 AM Re: FINALLY- my 02 X S/C Speaker Choice- Steal of a Deal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Until I have the $ to add an amp, I will be running them off the new 04 Alpine 9833 with the internal v-drive amp (26 rms)... I know this isn't as good as a seperate amp, but it will be better than the factory 6-disc changer in my 02...

Speaking of amps, I have no clue what to get or what brands are generally better than others, so I guess I'll be hittin' the search button!

By the way, it took me 3 stores to find the Polks NOT in the "open" box format... so make sure you have your Circuit City store check availability at other CC's in your area

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal