Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291597 - 18/05/04 09:52 PM Head replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone! Newbee making first post (question) here. Man I have looked for the answer here for a while. Heres my situation. I would like to replace the Rockford deck. Can a new deck be dropped in without having to rewire around the amp? Can the amp even be used without the Rockford deck? I know, so many questions, so little time. Good to meet all of you!!!

#291598 - 19/05/04 08:39 AM Re: Head replacement
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Short answer is yes, you can drop a new head unit in just by attaching it to the harness.

But, you have 2ohm speakers in there now, and your HU wants 4 ohm speakers. At high volumes you could damage the head unit from what I've been told.

The best option is to eventually bypass the amp and replace the stock speakers.

But dropping in a new head unit is pretty painless, and will give you better sound immeadiately.

#291599 - 19/05/04 09:15 AM Re: Head replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RckyMtnMervert:
Hey everyone! Newbee making first post (question) here. Man I have looked for the answer here for a while. Heres my situation. I would like to replace the Rockford deck. Can a new deck be dropped in without having to rewire around the amp? Can the amp even be used without the Rockford deck? I know, so many questions, so little time. Good to meet all of you!!!
Just be sure to go to a good audio shop.....

Since the new deck will be smaller, you can always put a CB under it, too.

BTW:

Welcome to XOC!

Are you in CO?

#291600 - 19/05/04 10:43 AM Re: Head replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya here in 5280... Thanks for the welcome! So I went to the stereo shop and they were talking about the speaker rewire. Rewiring around the current amp. I guess I dont understand why they put 2 ohm speakers in in the first place. Is it more cost effective to replace all the speakers than an $85 rewire?

#291601 - 19/05/04 10:48 AM Re: Head replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, I just wanted to run my amp and sub with a better deck.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal