2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302862 - 12/06/05 04:41 PM Help on power amp install
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just wondering how everypone here installed there positive cable to there power amp. In my old car I ran from the battery through a rubber boot in my firewall and then down the center of my car. You could see the wires in the car but it worked. In my 00' Xterra I have not seen a good entry point through the fire wall. I was wondering if you guys would help me out with pictures of your wiring setup up (not the cables on teh power amp but how to run my positive cable). Thanx

#302863 - 12/06/05 05:27 PM Re: Help on power amp install
Anonymous
Unregistered

No pics here, but there is a huge grommet on the passenger side below the glovebox. Xterras are probably one of the easiest vehicles to run a wire through..

If you open the hood, you can see where wires are going through already. You wont need to remove the glovebox for access...

#302864 - 12/06/05 07:20 PM Re: Help on power amp install
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclypse20:
No pics here, but there is a huge grommet on the passenger side below the glovebox. Xterras are probably one of the easiest vehicles to run a wire through..

If you open the hood, you can see where wires are going through already. You wont need to remove the glovebox for access...
i agree, one of the easiest installs ive ever seen. on the same side as the battery, go to the firewall and look for a rubber boot, that is your entry point(i used a wire hanger). you will have to remove the door molding and run the wire under it. if i can run 4gage wire, you can fit just about anything under there. i will post pics tomorow

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal