Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293349 - 16/06/05 07:13 PM Radio/AC fuse/circuit on 94 Pathy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not an Xterra problem, but the 94 Pathy's are so similar to the older X's maybe someone can help... And I know there are some other WD-21'ers in here...

Radio and AC are acting up on my 94 Pathfinder XE 4x4 Auto. The other day, radio had no power, and AC light would come on but air did not get cold (fan works). I changed the 10amp fuse labeled Radio/AC under the dash and everthing worked again. I'm a genious. but wait...

Today after work, I started up the car and again the radio and AC did not work. Bought some new 10AMP fuses, replaced it again with a brand new fuse, this time it didn't fix it. In fact, I just tested one of the alleged blown fuses and it is fine! So the fuses are not blowing after all. It's something else.

It does not fail while the car is running. Each time, the radio worked until I got to my destination and turned off the truck. Then when I started it up again, radio/ac did not work.

oh yeah, the truck is completely stock and a stripper - stock radio, no hidden amp that I am aware of. Don't even have power windows/locks.

Any suggestions? Could be loose connection to the fuse box itelf? Never heard of that type of failure though. Haven't started pulling stuff apart/testing yet - thought I might post here first to get some opinions...

Thanks!

#293350 - 18/06/05 06:15 AM Re: Radio/AC fuse/circuit on 94 Pathy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a few minutes last night to dig a little deeper, and found if I wiggle the Radio/AC fuse the radio cuts in and out - so it looks like it's just the contacts in the fuse "socket" are loose/dirty. I'll disconnect the battery and see if I can pry the contacts a little closer together or clean them up a bit this weekend.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal