2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292285 - 30/06/05 09:13 AM XM connection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an 02 X SE with the 6-disc in dash player. Does anyone know of a good way to hook up XM to it? Right now I am using the supplied built in wireless FM modulator. It does not sound that good though. The voices are really low and the sound quality is poor. Anybody have any better suggestions?

#292286 - 30/06/05 09:41 AM Re: XM connection
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only way that you will bet better sound with the XM is to replace your headunit with one that has inputs in the rear. You would also need the XM tuner that plugs into the input. The tuner is small enough to install it in your glove box or up under the dash.

#292287 - 30/06/05 12:40 PM Re: XM connection
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
You can also get a wired RF modulater which will improve sound quality somewhat or get a head unit with a mini plug input and run a mini to mini cord between your tuner and the head unit, which would be even better. Those are your least expensive options. Getting a head unit and hardwired tuner are your best bet for sound quality though.

#292288 - 30/06/05 07:36 PM Re: XM connection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure if this will work with your exact setup, but it might help give you an idea of what's out there. If it is compatible, it will give you the aux inputs into the head unit. Then you can pick a portable XM receiver and have a direct connection. Sound quality will be MUCH better than an FM mod.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=610

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal