Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#303448 - 12/09/05 08:52 PM iPod nano
Anonymous
Unregistered

thinking about getting one to wire into my X because i am so freakin tired of the radio stations here playing the same crap everyday. Does anyone know if the same thing you wire the regular iPod with will work with the nano?

#303449 - 12/09/05 09:01 PM Re: iPod nano
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Do you have Jack FM station on the radio? They don't play the same song twice in a day or two.

Nano's looking pretty attractive for me too. But I'm deliberating between that and a 3CCD digital camcorder.

#303450 - 13/09/05 05:56 AM Re: iPod nano
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you go with an aux-in option, then the Nano will connect as well as any other iPod. But if the connection device uses both top connection ports of a regular iPod then it won't work with the Nano.

To be honest, though the Nano is a nice little iPod (and I just bought one for my wife), if you're looking for something you're going to be using every day in your car I'd get the 20g "regular" iPod. It holds 5x the music and still displays pictures on the nice color screen. You get more for your money with the larger one, much more. But if you're music collection isn't very big, or you really need something that's ultra-portable, then get the Nano.

#303451 - 13/09/05 07:20 AM Re: iPod nano
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Morvran. I have the nano also and an Alpine HU with ipod control. The nano connects and works fine with the Alpine but since it is essentially hidden from view you lose the benefits of having the nano. If solely for car use I would much rather have a 20g ipod with 5x more songs even if it doesn't look as cool. For me I also use the nano at the gym so it made a bit more sense -- but if money was no object I'd have a non for the gym and a 60g for the car so I had most of my library in the car at all times.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal