Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#303111 - 15/09/05 09:23 AM How comfortable are you opening up your dash?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How accessible is the backside of a radio. I've never cracked open my dash, but I'm having a new one installed this weekend (hopefully). The new unit has a lot of AV ins which I hope to make use of. In fact, it looks exactly like this .
My question is: should I ask the guys to give me some extension cables leading out to the centre console/glovebox/under the seat, or will these cables all be readily accessible behind a panel somewhere?

#303112 - 15/09/05 10:29 AM Re: How comfortable are you opening up your dash?
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the extra few bucks it will cost, I would have the installer hang some 1/2 foot rca's just to make things easier for you. Just make sure he labels them with what they are for......video/audio/in/out/etc.

#303113 - 15/09/05 01:12 PM Re: How comfortable are you opening up your dash?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree...and be sure to post install pics when you're done!

Good luck!

#303114 - 15/09/05 01:36 PM Re: How comfortable are you opening up your dash?
Anonymous
Unregistered

the radio is super easy to get out. All you do is unscrew the two screws unger the ashtray. Then pull the dash off (it snaps at the top). Then unscrew the 4 screws holding the radio in and pull out the radio. Easy as 1 2 3. [ThumbsUp]

#303115 - 15/09/05 01:43 PM Re: How comfortable are you opening up your dash?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, i was freaked out opening up my dash after I'd had the X for like 4 days..
but after you get over figuring out how hard you actually have to pull, it's alright..
I added the PAC to my stereo and routed the wires up from under the console, where I've got a power adapter plugged in for my ipod..
Works like a charm..

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal