Here is my small contribution to the Xterra community:

First,I ordered my "kit" from yournissanparts.com because it's the best price I could find and plus they include mounting hardware. Search the forum for coupon codes ($10 off, I think). This is what you get:

There is no right or left specific foglight. The green clips will determine which side will be which.

(2)If you have time, take off the whole bumper and access will be a lot easier, but if you are pressed for time and/or lazy like me, take out the following screws and "pull back" the plastic flaps to gain access to the back of the bumper and the foglight area.

(Note: There is another screw to the right of this one, forgot to capture it in the image.)

(Note: I found it easier to turn the wheel to the far left or right depending on which side you are working on.)

(3)Reach in and push on the tabs holding the foglight cover in. This is the back of cover.

(4)Next put the green clips in. For the passenger side, put the clip on the left side (if looking at the light) and put the other clip on the right side for the driver's side. Slide the bolt holder on the right side (passenger side) and the left side on the driver's side.

(5) This is a shot of the passenger side. The larger tab on top is where the bolt will be going through. A tab on the foglight housing should fit into the lower tab in the picture.

(6) This is a shot of where the tab will go into the green clip. Sorry not the greatest shot.

(7) This is the foglight installed with the harness connected. The harness is taped up above the hole.