2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#296454 - 14/12/05 06:45 AM Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read through this thread about adding the AAI-NIS.
AAI-NIS

I'm probably an idiot, but I need some clarification. In order to add a sirius tuner (Sportster for instance), I'll need the PAC AAI-NIS, right? I was at a circuit city and their install team told me they could connect the unit directly to my head unit w/out using an FM transmitter.

I'm thinking they have NO idea about our head unit and are assuming there's an aux input they can use. But they got me second guessing myself. If my RF unit's pre-wired for satellite, does that mean it's only pre-wired for the factory unit..NOT an aftermarket tuner like the sportster?

Hope this makes sense. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I just can't figure it out for myself.

#296455 - 14/12/05 08:03 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are correct. To wire the aftermarket Sirius tuner to your radio, an adapter is needed. The plug on the RF radio is only compatible with the Nissan Sirius/XM tuners.

#296456 - 14/12/05 08:25 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

you should go back to CC and ask them exactly how they propose to hook up a sportster to your HU w/o an FM mod. might be kinda funny to hear their response.

i've got an PAC aux. unit, and it's definitely worth it. easy to install to. i'd recommend you do it yourself, b/c CC will probably F your truck up (as they did mine).

#296457 - 14/12/05 09:08 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. I think I'll use a good quality audio installer rather than cc. We have a friend who's husband owns a car audio shop. I figure he'll take better care than the meat heads at CC.

Appreciate the help!!

#296458 - 14/12/05 09:17 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

now the question is...where I can I find one in stock?? I just googled it and found lots of dealers...none with it in stock.

Dollar short and a day late...

#296459 - 14/12/05 10:07 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by patrick_b:
now the question is...where I can I find one in stock?? I just googled it and found lots of dealers...none with it in stock.

Dollar short and a day late...
logjam (where i got mine) appears to have one in stock

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/pacaainis.html

here's one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PER-PXNI-Nissan-350Z...1QQcmdZViewItem

#296460 - 14/12/05 10:34 AM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks HoosXT,

Called logjam this morning, they actually don't have one (good thing I called before placing the order) and she told me that PAC is changing the item and won't have any available until mid Jan. I think I'll bid on the ebay item smile

#296461 - 14/12/05 12:00 PM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

the only other thing i'd recommend now is to go to radio shack and get an add-on female cig. lighter socket. i tapped one into the HU power lead, and have my MyFi adapter plugged in behind the dash. makes for a cleaner install, and you don't lose one of your power outlets in the dash.

the PAC install is pretty easy. there's tons of space behind the HU for it. just hang on to the screws that hold the top tray and HU bracket in place. three of mine are now residing somewhere in the depths of my dashboard. mad

#296462 - 14/12/05 01:27 PM Re: Adding aftermarket satellite tuner to RF unit >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

One thing I can recommend, do NOT buy from seller "costupdate" on Ebay. The other vendors should be fine. I used "buy it now" to buy the adapter from "costupdate" and after a week, found out they didn't even have it in stock. So I bought it from the ebay user "cobymoby". Shipped very fast.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal