Our 2000 XE recently started blowing fuses when we try to use the rear wiper. I can't get it to work at all; the fuse must blow when I hit the switch. I searched the forums and didn't find anything regarding the rear wiper blowing fuses. I've got power at the input to the black amplifier box mounted on the back of the wiper assembly, so I'm assuming that there's not a short in the wiring, and therefore the wiper motor must be bad. My wife said that the dash and radio lights went out at the same time that the wiper quit working. They're on different fuses, so that doesn't make sense to me. They work fine now. She also said that the rear cargo light no longer comes on when she opens the rear hatch. I tried it, and it only comes on when one of the passenger doors is opened. She insists that the light would come on when she opened the rear hatch to put in groceries without opening the passenger doors first. I just want to make sure I don't have bigger electrical problems to address before I shell out $75 for a wiper motor that won't solve my problem. Can anyone verify how the rear cargo light works on a 2000 XE? Any suggestions as to why my rear wiper keeps blowing fuses?