2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311618 - 28/01/06 04:34 PM adding an amp
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a 2001 x and would like to add an amp to the system, i have the converter for the preout and i've installed amps before, but for some reason ive got a brain fart and cant figure out wich wire in the back of the stereo i need to connect the remote power wire for the amp to, if someone who has installed one before could help me out a little id appreciate it, thanks

#311619 - 28/01/06 06:11 PM Re: adding an amp
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you are using the factory stereo there is no wire for a remote. You either need to wire the amp so it's on whenver the truck is on, or install a seperate switch. Some factory stereos have electric antennas and that's where you would hook into in that case, but the Xterra doesn't have one, so not even the power supply for it.

#311620 - 28/01/06 08:11 PM Re: adding an amp
Anonymous
Unregistered

smile If you wire it into the power antenna wire, the amp will only work with the am/fm tuner on. This is true for about 99% of the vehicles on the market. There are a few exceptions and I can't think of one Nissan that falls into that category. On the other hand, if you have a factory amp (not sure if available option for your year X had an upgrade stereo with external amp), you can use that to do remote turn on for your stereo. If you're not sure, you can just go to 12v switched power. The only bad thing about that is that the amp is still on if you actually turn the radio off, which can cause "turn-on pop" when you turn on the radio of turn off the radio.

#311621 - 28/01/06 11:16 PM Re: adding an amp
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for your help

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal