2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#302553 - 10/06/06 04:16 PM Stereo installed but airbag light flashes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a Pioneer 6800 stereo installed on my Xterra but the airbag light is now flashing. Installer said that the light should stop on its own after 20 miles or so of driving, later said that they could reset it for me if I bring it back in.

What do you think? Anyone else have this issue after installation?

#302554 - 10/06/06 04:49 PM Re: Stereo installed but airbag light flashes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

my friend actually had that problemin his 05 X, it didnt reset itself so he had the installer do it. i dont know exactly what caused it though

#302555 - 10/06/06 05:11 PM Re: Stereo installed but airbag light flashes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

What caused the problem was that the installer disconnected the Pass. Airbag light (housed in the center faceplate) and then turned the key on when testing the radio.

The code that is set is the Indicator Light code, resettable by the dealership. We reset that code a lot after radios are installed. The installers are getting better about it, but there's a learning curve.

Just have the dealer reset the light. We charge 0.5hrs, if that's all the customer wants, no diag, just turn the light off after the radio was installed.

#302556 - 10/06/06 05:17 PM Re: Stereo installed but airbag light flashes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

#302557 - 10/06/06 05:36 PM Re: Stereo installed but airbag light flashes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man. You guys are good. Thank God for your wisdom. I was ready to go raise hell.

I'll give it a shot.

Also, just to let any potential buyers know. If you decide to install this stereo, you may want to go ahead and get new speakers to go with it. I have noticed the sound quality is not the same with this new dash player and the original speakers.

Check out this Thread for resetting!

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal