Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#313108 - 14/08/06 03:41 PM For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've replaced my headunit and it's working fine in my Xterra, but I've made a brainless blunder. I left a CD in my old headunit. Without having to redo everything (which is impossible since I used the harness from the old unit on the new unit and soldered the wires), how can I power up the old head unit and eject the CD. There is no "manual" eject hole. I figure to connect the power leads to a 12v source, but what can I use? Thanks for helping out this amateur.

#313109 - 14/08/06 03:47 PM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

cant you just connect the power and ground to a car battery (on the proper terminals of cource) and hit the eject button when it powers up?

ive done it that way atleast twice that it worked.

#313110 - 15/08/06 05:22 AM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the CD *that* important?

#313111 - 15/08/06 06:47 AM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
Is the CD *that* important?
Bwahahaha! [LOL]

I'm laughing, mrdwong, because I did the exact same thing, and I came to the same conclusion that max6spd did.

When I recently installed my new JVC headunit, I didn't realize until after it was all buttoned up that I had left The Refreshment's "Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy" in the old headunit . . .

Aw, screw it. I've been ripping every CD to my mp3 player anyway. I'll just download it.

I'm a dummy. laugh

#313112 - 15/08/06 07:12 AM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well to me, a CD with songs from JoJo's Circus is no great loss, but to a 4 year old and a 2 year old, it's a big deal. They are not spoiled, if they could they would be shaking their heads like my wife especially when daddy does "upgrades" to make life better only to find out more work is involved than the original project.

#313113 - 15/08/06 08:45 AM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

you should be able to hookup the power to the battery. Ground it to some where under the hood to the body or chasis. Then the all critical power remote which is what turns the unit on hook that to the battery also then eject the cd. I would take some extra wires and just stick them in the proper holes in the harness make them whatever length you need and hook it up. hopefully on the head unit it will have a diagram for the wires and colors so you know what to use. maybe search for the diagram here if it is a stock unit. generally red is positive black is ground blue is remote but I have seen orange and yellow for remote. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

#313114 - 15/08/06 10:22 AM Re: For all you expert stereo installers...
Anonymous
Unregistered

shielded aligator clips are your friend. My suggestion is use 3. one from + to fuse to + on deck, then another from - on deck to ground on car. I've done it before for the exact same reason. Just make sure you get a good clip on the deck positive and ground before hooking up. TOuching other pins can be dangerous.

Oh and theres 2 + on the deck, red always on and yellow key on. Just the red should be ebough to eject a disc.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal