Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#311759 - 14/11/06 04:47 PM wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought some whelen flashers but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put the power box. I know a couple other people have installed these but there aren't any pics posted. Please post em if ya got em

#311760 - 17/11/06 03:09 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

seems no one cares, but I got the strobe heads installed, now to run the wiring next week after the insurance company looks at my X due to the accident I was in earlier in the month

#311761 - 17/11/06 03:12 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

what are you talking about? the lights that flash like emergency vehicles that all the ricers have these days?

confused

#311762 - 17/11/06 03:41 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea, except ricers have em for show...and emergency personnel have them to move traffic, thanks

#311763 - 17/11/06 03:46 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by blinkmjd:
Yea, except ricers have em for show...and emergency personnel have them to move traffic, thanks
i was asking a question cause i didnt know what hell you were talking about. you dont have to be a jack ass about it.

i didnt know why you had the troll rating before but thank for clearing that up.

#311764 - 17/11/06 03:54 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

didn't mean to be an ass but I don't like being grouped with ricers. I have never once thought of lowering my X, putting on spinners, or a coffee can exhaust

#311765 - 17/11/06 04:05 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

running code in an Xterra is quite the expierance.
I run a dashmeiser and have a Grover Stuttertone air horn wink

If you got the cheap Galls one that has the on/off switch mounted in the box, return it. Buy a real setup that has a remote switch, then you can do something like I have:

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/CoolKit3InstallPage.htm

with the flasher mounted under the hood, there is plenty of room on the right side fender beside the cruise control box. I personally have 6 relays and 2 fuse panels there.

Ramness has strobes in his heads/tails.... looks good. wink

#311766 - 17/11/06 04:13 PM Re: wig wag
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the 60 watt Whelen with remote switch. The control box is going under the passenger seat.
I put 2 clear heads in the headlights and 2 clears in the brake lights. Haven't tested em out but can't wait!

Do you have any pics of your airhorn install?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal